Setting up receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ronithayer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
United States
I was wondering if someone could explain how to set up a veiwsat pro so I can tune in the dish? How do I know that it is looking for a signal?

What size, and kind of dish do you have? What type and brand of LNB do you have? What exactly are you wanting to get. I have seen other posts about pbs and you also wanting to get 89W. What we need is a lot more info and we can help a lot. to little info = not much help.

I have a 36 inch oval dish says starband on it. lnb is esx521 with a veiwsat pro. I pointed it at 97w and I watched Ebru channel on galaxy 19 but I cant seem to get any other satellites.

I sounds to me that your dish is already set up to receive 97W. If you want other sats. you will either have to put a motor on it or go to dishpointer.com figure out what sat. you want and enter in your location and dishpointer will give you the new elevation for the dish the skew for the LNB and the true south alignment. Without a motor this is what you will have to do for each sat. you want to watch.

I sounds to me that your dish is already set up to receive 97W. If you want other sats. you will either have to put a motor on it or go to dishpointer.com figure out what sat. you want and enter in your location and dishpointer will give you the new elevation for the dish the skew for the LNB and the true south alignment. Without a motor this is what you will have to do for each sat. you want to watch.

I would suggest you go to lyngsat.com click on americas and check out the channels for KU to see if you want to invest money in a motor. A Stab HH90 or SG2100 motor will run that dish fine. You can check on line for pricing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)