Setting Up remote for TV2

kbs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
New York
Can someone tell me how do I set up a new Dish remote for TV2? My receiver is the standard receiver with no HD connected to TV1 and TV2, 322.

They all program the same (except hoppers/joeys) - go to menu then navigate to system setup screen. Hold down the SAT button top left and when the others blink once let off it and the sat button is now blinking on its own. Press a number like 9 for example then press pound#, sat button blinks 3 times then if you wish to save the same number to the receiver press record a few times and you should see it change.

These are the steps I have posted on our website for customers.

[h=2]Programming a Remote to run your Receiver.[/h]If you purchased a new remote or your remote just stopped working, you may need to program it to work with your receiver. Whether it is a remote for a single tuner receiver or dual tuner receiver your remote has to match the address the receiver has.

1) You can find out what remote address your receiver is set at by looking at the System Info screen. You can get to the System Info screen by finding the button on the front of the receiver or if you have a remote that still works press the menu button twice.
2) Once you have the System Info on screen you need to look for the remote address number. Depending on the receiver you have or the remote you have, you will be looking for either the Primary Remote Address or Secondary Remote Address. If the remote has a green tab at the bottom that says 1, that is your primary remote. If it has a blue tab at the bottom that says 2, that is your secondary remote.
3) When you find out what the correct number is, pick up the remote that needs to be programmed and follow the next steps.
4) Press and hold the SAT button at the top of the remote until the rest of the mode buttons light up red.
5) Let go of the SAT button and it should be flashing either green or red.
6) Press the number on the remote that matches the number on screen.
7) Press the pound button.(#)
8) The SAT button should have flashed 3 times. If it did not flash you may need to start over.
9) If everything worked you should be able to cancel out of the System Info screen and use your remote as normal.

These are the steps I have posted on our website for customers.

Programming a Remote to run your Receiver.

If you purchased a new remote or your remote just stopped working, you may need to program it to work with your receiver. Whether it is a remote for a single tuner receiver or dual tuner receiver your remote has to match the address the receiver has.

1) You can find out what remote address your receiver is set at by looking at the System Info screen. You can get to the System Info screen by finding the button on the front of the receiver or if you have a remote that still works press the menu button twice.
2) Once you have the System Info on screen you need to look for the remote address number. Depending on the receiver you have or the remote you have, you will be looking for either the Primary Remote Address or Secondary Remote Address. If the remote has a green tab at the bottom that says 1, that is your primary remote. If it has a blue tab at the bottom that says 2, that is your secondary remote.
3) When you find out what the correct number is, pick up the remote that needs to be programmed and follow the next steps.
4) Press and hold the SAT button at the top of the remote until the rest of the mode buttons light up red.
5) Let go of the SAT button and it should be flashing either green or red.
6) Press the number on the remote that matches the number on screen.
7) Press the pound button.(#)
8) The SAT button should have flashed 3 times. If it did not flash you may need to start over.
9) If everything worked you should be able to cancel out of the System Info screen and use your remote as normal.

Great info for your customers. Two things I might add:

If the receiver does not have a system info button (like a 311 or 322), have the customer press the power button on the receiver to turn it off. Then press channel down on the receiver, should pull up system info. Worst case, if that does not help, customer can pull the smart card partway out, and that should go to system info.

Also, at the end, did you intentionally or accidentally miss the step to have the customer press RECORD one to three times after pressing the number then pound?

If the receiver does not have a system info button (like a 311 or 322), have the customer press the power button on the receiver to turn it off. Then press channel down on the receiver, should pull up system info. Worst case, if that does not help, customer can pull the smart card partway out, and that should go to system info.

Also, at the end, did you intentionally or accidentally miss the step to have the customer press RECORD one to three times after pressing the number then pound?

Have to push record AT LEAST twice to set code. I tell people 3 or 4 times. Pulling smart card out does not work anymore on most receivers, it just says "please re-insert your smartcard".

?When you're using the remote address that is on the screen you do not have to press record at all. You only have to press record if you are trying to change the remote address from what is on screen.

?When you're using the remote address that is on the screen you do not have to press record at all. You only have to press record if you are trying to change the remote address from what is on screen.

Ahhh, I re-read that, and I see it now, you are having them go back to the one already on the screen. I prefer to change it, that way, if it does not change, I know something is wrong. The negative to that is if they have a house full of duo receivers and a bunch of TV2s, may change it to something another TV has.

Ahhh, I re-read that, and I see it now, you are having them go back to the one already on the screen. I prefer to change it, that way, if it does not change, I know something is wrong. The negative to that is if they have a house full of duo receivers and a bunch of TV2s, may change it to something another TV has.

I have a complete different description for changing the remote address.

Need this settled?
To change sat code on 322:

If receiver is on, push power button on receiver to turn it off, then push up button to bring up system info screen.
On remote, hold Sat mode until all modes light up. Press in a number between 2 and 16 (I dislike code 1) and then push #.
Sat mode will blink three times. Aim remote at receiver and press record buttom 3-4 times. Corresponding number on screen (tv1 or tv2) should change to the sat code you chose.
On remote, press select to exit system info, then press power to turn receiver back on.

Need this settled?
To change sat code on 322:

If receiver is on, push power button on receiver to turn it off, then push up button to bring up system info screen.
On remote, hold Sat mode until all modes light up. Press in a number between 2 and 16 (I dislike code 1) and then push #.
Sat mode will blink three times. Aim remote at receiver and press record buttom 3-4 times. Corresponding number on screen (tv1 or tv2) should change to the sat code you chose.
On remote, press select to exit system info, then press power to turn receiver back on.

I'm not sure what you settled. Looks like you just repeated what was already posted. Looks to me that everyone on here is right on how to program a remote as there are a couple ways of doing it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts