Setting up remote tv

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have the VIP 222K duel receiver. When the tech set it up he set the remote receiver (2) to channel 73 and the near tv (1) to channel 75. On the remote tv he could not get the tv to go to the higher channels and used my vcr to select the channel 73 through the vcr.
My questions are why could he not set it to a channel the tv would receive? I now have to have my vcr on all the time to be able to use the remote tv. Does the VIP 222K not select channels below, say, 70? Will I have to buy a new tv that will work on the high channels to use on the remote tv?
I have another tv in my shop and it will not go above 69. Is these tv's just too old for my dish?
By the way, my near tv is a new hd tv if that matters.

vip 222k

Go to the modulator setup in the receiver and you can change the channel numbers. Choose what you want. Menu-6-1-modulator setup.

Probably the best idea. A bit more information would be that if you have the modulator setup on cable mode, then both TV1 and TV2 will need to be in the cable range (which is channels 71-125 I think). If it's set to air, it would be channels 21-69. Since you have an HDTV at tv1, I would recommend hooking it up with an HD cable (instead of the coax it seems you're using), putting TV1 on the corresponding input so you can change the modulator without effecting TV1's picture. After TV1 is hooked up with HD cabling, you can change the modulator setup for TV2 and bypass the VCR. Hope this helps.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=162833Matt, I am assuming that you are referring to tv2 when you say "I would recommend hooking it up with an HD cable". If so that is a long run with hd cables isn't it (from downstairs to upstairs). Are you talking about using the three cables, red, white and yellow?

What type of TV is the one near the 211? That is the one Matt is referring to when he says an HD cable. If it has an hdmi input, then using an hdmi cable would give you true HD on that set. R/Y/W is not HD. Menu System Set Installation Modulator is where you check if it's set for Air/Cable. If you are using coax out, your TV and the receiver must match.

What type of TV is the one near the 211? That is the one Matt is referring to when he says an HD cable. If it has an hdmi input, then using an hdmi cable would give you true HD on that set. R/Y/W is not HD. Menu System Set Installation Modulator is where you check if it's set for Air/Cable. If you are using coax out, your TV and the receiver must match.

What I meant was hooking up TV1 (right near the receiver) with HD cabling. Right now it seems you are using coax cable, which is not going to provide you with the best picture quality on TV1. TV2 only has the option of using coax, or RCA (red whit yellow), since it's already using coax, I would leave TV2 with the same cabling. It can be confusing (a bit hard to explain too :p), but what I'm recommending is hooking up TV1 with either component cables, or an HDMI cable. Then you should be able to bypass the VCR on TV2 (connect the coax straight to the TV), and change the modulator setup to get a picture without effecting TV1 (plus you would be getting a better picture at TV1). I hope this makes sense

Matt,
Here is what I have. A coax cable runs from the dish to the dish receiver (VIP 222K duel receiver). From there there is an hdmi cable that runs to the hd tv 1. There is a coax that runs from the dish receiver to tv2.
As you have guessed I know very little about setups. I hope what I have is what your are referring to.
If this is ok can I change the cannnels on tv2? (Menu-6-1-modulator setup).

Is TV1 on the HDMI input, or is it on channel 75? Make sure its on the input, then you should be able to bypass the VCR at TV2, put tv2 on channel 60, and change the modulator setup to "air" (channel for TV2 defaults to 60).

If TV1 is on channel 75, that means it's running off a coax cable, when it should be on the HDMI input getting signal from the HDMI cable.

For TV1 you should select the HDMI input for reception. On TV2 connect the coax to the tv and go to the menu and channel scan. Select cable and let it scan. See what happens.

Landon your last post is mostly correct. Then in the modulator setup set tv1 to off and tv2 to air. After that choose and set tv2 channel. Channel 60 is usually a good choice. Then watch your second tv on that channel which will be in standard definition. Your first tv you will watch through the HDMI input which will be Hi-def.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts