Setting up to Display in HD???

edin555

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Hi,

I just got my Dish installed and am going through the 622 Manual. In Chapter 12 (Page 100) it talks about setting up display in HD and there it says something about setting up TV type (1080i I assume) Aspect Ratio (16:9 of course) but I don't know what they mean with Analog Type? It gives me options of Offair, Cable, HRC, IRC???

I have the receiver hooked up with HDMI cable, so isn't my connection digital?
The default was OFFair, 480i and 16:9 I Belive.

The setup can be reached by pressing Menu-System Setup-HDTV Setup! I am not sure what these setting are for, and what I should choose under analog type and if it has any impact on how I see satellite HD Channels on my plasma.

Thanks to all who respond,
Edin

Also, the installation unfortunately didn't go smooth and after about 6 hours I lost my Voom Channels. I see that the signal strength on 61.5 is only 35, 83 on 110 and 95 on 119. The installer will most certainly be coming back to fix the 61.5 but what about 110? I am afraid when heavy snow starts in Boston, I will lose all three?

61.5 should easily be past at least 80. 110 and 119 are not bad, could be a little higher. I have a 211 with a Sony and my setting is 1080 I, but some TV's it is 720.

edin555 said:
Hi,

I don't know what they mean with Analog Type? It gives me options of Offair, Cable, HRC, IRC???

That is for your rf output to tv2. It can be combined to existing lines which may already be running throughout your home. If you are going to combine to analog then select Off Air. If combined to cable (some use that for dsl) then it would be cable, HRC or IRC.

Thanks,

"That is for your rf output to tv2"

So that setting has nothing to do with my primary TV, but instead with the TV2 which is not HD anyway?

In that case do I (and how) set up he resolution (1080i or 720p) for my primary TV, or is it broadcast automatically in 720p or 1080i depending on the channel preference?

Analog type settting does nothing on the 622. It is for setting the type of input signal on the OTA connection. Since the 622 doesnt have a NTSC tuner it can't receive an analog signal so the setting has no effect.

n0qcu said:
Analog type settting does nothing on the 622. It is for setting the type of input signal on the OTA connection. Since the 622 doesnt have a NTSC tuner it can't receive an analog signal so the setting has no effect.
Analog type is to match the agile modulated output to either your cable frequencies or your OTA frequencies. It is an output type not an input.

Thanks to everybody who replied,

Just one more question,

Do i need to adjust the output from my receiver to TV1 (720p or 1080i) like I need with my Toshiba HD-DVD or is it done automatically? If it can be done manually, how do I do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)