Setup for family cabin - SWM registration error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

markey

Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Karthaus, PA
I have been beating my head for days trying to figure this out to get my dad set up to bring his H24 receiver to his cabin so he can watch TV when he leaves home. I was getting 771 error codes and now I get SWM registration error. I have followed the instructions on YouTube on aligning the dish, but all I get is 0's throughout the dish signal setup. Our setup is as follows:

Receiver model H24-700 (B-bands removed)
Slimline dish
SWM SL3S4NR2-14
Directv 21 volt power inserter installed between dish and receiver
50 ft RG6 coax cable, no splitters

Dishpointer.com shows the coordinates as Elevation 37, Azimuth 224 however I have also installed the app and tried pointing the dish at the satellites through the AR setting.

Appreciate any help as I have given up trying to make this work.

Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys markey!
Did you set the skew to 60°? Your other settings are correct. Obviously check all of the connections, which you probably already did. Dial in the 101 satellite first. It's usually fairly easy to find. Slowly sweep from just left of 224° to just right of it and you should get some signal strength from 101. The other sats usually fall into place once you have 101, but you will likely need to make some adjustments. Youtube is a good source for instructional videos. Good luck!

I forgot to mention, is the mast plumb? This is really important as all of the settings are based off of this.

Reactions: harshness
I forgot to mention, is the mast plumb? This is really important as all of the settings are based off of this.
Thanks for the quick reply Raoul! The mast is close to plumb, but I have been trying different elevation angles to find the signal. By skew do you mean the tilt? I was told that tilt setting was not critical for this setup. Did I get bad info?

I will try to locate the 101 satellite first. Appreciate the help!!!

Call me Chip, after all that's my name! :)
The mast being plumb is critical since all settings are based on that, so get it as close to plumb as possible. Skew is tilt, and that's important since the satellites aren't all at the same elevation. So yes, you got bad info.

Call me Chip, after all that's my name! :)
The mast being plumb is critical since all settings are based on that, so get it as close to plumb as possible. Skew is tilt, and that's important since the satellites aren't all at the same elevation. So yes, you got bad info.

Thanks Chip. OK I'll focus on the tilt and honing in the elevation. I was assuming that I had a hardware or setup issue since I am only seeing 0's across the board.

Thanks Chip. OK I'll focus on the tilt and honing in the elevation. I was assuming that I had a hardware or setup issue since I am only seeing 0's across the board.
Try to get 101 first. Did you check YT for videos?

Chip,
Where did you or the OP get the settings from ?
The OP's listed city is Karthaus Pa ...

The OP never mentioned where the Family Cabin was located ... at least a Location zip code, might help.
Hmm, never considered that Jimbo. It could be far enough away to make a difference.

I have been beating my head for days trying to figure this out to get my dad set up to bring his H24 receiver to his cabin so he can watch TV when he leaves home. I was getting 771 error codes and now I get SWM registration error. I have followed the instructions on YouTube on aligning the dish, but all I get is 0's throughout the dish signal setup. Our setup is as follows:

Receiver model H24-700 (B-bands removed)
Slimline dish
SWM SL3S4NR2-14
Directv 21 volt power inserter installed between dish and receiver
50 ft RG6 coax cable, no splitters

Dishpointer.com shows the coordinates as Elevation 37, Azimuth 224 however I have also installed the app and tried pointing the dish at the satellites through the AR setting.

Appreciate any help as I have given up trying to make this work.

Thanks!
I should have asked this in the beginning, what error message are you getting? What number?

771 was mentioned above ....
However, I have never seen a SWM Registration error.

I'm leaning with Claude, the dish is not aligned properly.
771 would be a misaligned dish. If there is an issue with the PI it would likely be a 775 error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts