Setup Wizard Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Got my new HWS today. Not set it up yet because still moving recordings from original Hopper to EHD. I have ran the system wizard, and backed the settings up from the original Hopper. Now, should I be able to pair the remote that contains the backup files to the HWS, and then run the wizard again to do a restore?

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks. I was wondering because after I backed up the settings I unpaired the remote from the Hopper, and paired it to my other Hopper. When I pressed the system wizard button, it said there was no back up.

Pair the remote back to the old Hopper and do a backup. Do not unpair with the old Hopper. The new one will take over during install.

I replaced one of my hoppers with a hopper with sling last Saturday. The setup wizard worked perfectly. It even saved my guide favorites, which was a nice surprise.

The only thing not working properly is a few things I had set to auto tune. No big deal.

Cool. Thanks. I was wondering because after I backed up the settings I unpaired the remote from the Hopper, and paired it to my other Hopper. When I pressed the system wizard button, it said there was no back up.

I had that issue when I first paired my old Hopper remote with the HWS. I thought it was just lost so I gave up after several tries, even though I knew for a fact that I backed it up properly. Not sure what fixed it, could've been a reboot, I dunno. Anyway long story short I checked back a few hours later and it found the backup I had created. So I restored and it was a success!

I had that issue when I first paired my old Hopper remote with the HWS. I thought it was just lost so I gave up after several tries, even though I knew for a fact that I backed it up properly. Not sure what fixed it, could've been a reboot, I dunno. Anyway long story short I checked back a few hours later and it found the backup I had created. So I restored and it was a success!

Just about done moving recordings. Gonna start setting it up in a few hours. I hope the Wizard is cooperative. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts