Seven TVs

Dec 2, 2012
Massachusetts
I am divorcing my cable co. We just don't get along anymore. I'm going with dish and the hopper. Looks like I'll have two hoppers and 5 Joeys. What's the most functional setup? I have two main tv areas, family room and home theater, and the rest are secondary, beds, kitchen. Do I want the Joeys in the primary viewing areas and the hoppers at secondary? That, managing from Joeys, would give me easier access to all the available tuners correct? Thanks or the help.

correct. If there are certain locations in your household where you need access to live tuners from both hoppers, then place a joey there. There are some differences in Hopper and Joey specs though. PIP, bluetooth, and extra outputs on the Hoppers. Hoppers feel a little faster in the menu/guide navigation, but Joeys still feel plenty fast after recent software updates.

If you need more tuners, you can always go 3 Hoppers and 4 Joeys. Although there would be some hardware expense when buying that third hopper and some extra switches since it's outside the lease limits. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=280552

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)