Several Hallmark movies recorded SD version

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I used the 54 voice remote to search for and set up timers to record the Christmas Hallmark movies on both Hallmark channels. My Guide Settings are set up to hide the duplicate SD channels. So I never considered that the voice search would come up with the SD version instead of the HD version. Tonight I discovered that 4 of the movies I recorded are the SD version with bars on all sides of the picture. I am very disappointed. I will try to find future showings to record.
I wish that Dish would hide the SD version when doing searches similar to how they do the Guide. Well I learned the hard way to always check in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: reddice
I used the 54 voice remote to search for and set up timers to record the Christmas Hallmark movies on both Hallmark channels. My Guide Settings are set up to hide the duplicate SD channels. So I never considered that the voice search would come up with the SD version instead of the HD version. Tonight I discovered that 4 of the movies I recorded are the SD version with bars on all sides of the picture. I am very disappointed. I will try to find future showings to record.
I wish that Dish would hide the SD version when doing searches similar to how they do the Guide. Well I learned the hard way to always check in the future.

You didn't set to record on Hallmark Drama by any chance, did you? That channel is SD only.

No, the movies were all on Hallmark channel 185 and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel 187. I used voice commands on my 54 remote to do searches for the Hallmark Movie titles that were listed on their web site. Unfortunately the search selected the SD version of the Channels. The guide only goes out 14 days and the Seek function does not allow you to specify the HD version.

I called Dish to suggest that they add an option under search to hide duplicate SD channels. They currently have that as an option for the Guide. They also have options under search to select/deselect Netflix and Spanish Titles. The agent agreed that it would be useful. Hopefully he will pass the idea to their software developers so they can include it in a future software release.

Reactions: pattykay
Have you got SD duplicates locked out?

I have not locked out the SD channels. Occasionally I lose satellite 129 and the Hopper3 will auto tune to the SD channel. That is why I won’t lock out the SD channel versions. If Dish would give an option to not show the duplicate SD channels when searching that would be the best solution.

I have not locked out the SD channels. Occasionally I lose satellite 129 and the Hopper3 will auto tune to the SD channel. That is why I won’t lock out the SD channel versions. If Dish would give an option to not show the duplicate SD channels when searching that would be the best solution.

Unfortunately it will still try to switch to the SD channel when you lose the HD signal even if you lock them out. I wish they would fix that as I prefer to lose the signal rather than switch to SD.

Unfortunately it will still try to switch to the SD channel when you lose the HD signal even if you lock them out. I wish they would fix that as I prefer to lose the signal rather than switch to SD.
Eastern arc has fewer SD channel duplucates because of the MPEG 4 conversion...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Eastern arc has fewer SD channel duplucates because of the MPEG 4 conversion...
Yep, but most of the "popular" channels still have SD duplicates on EA. Or maybe I only see those because I also have the 77 satellite. For those with a "standard" EA configuration of 61.5 and 72 only, there may be a lot fewer SD duplicates.

Reactions: JSheridan
Yep, but most of the "popular" channels still have SD duplicates on EA. Or maybe I only see those because I also have the 77 satellite. For those with a "standard" EA configuration of 61.5 and 72 only, there may be a lot fewer SD duplicates.

That's right, most if not all of the EA SD duplicates are on 77.

You could put a piece of tin foil over the 77 LNB.
That may work as a temporary solution, especially if I do a Check Switch after covering the 77 LNB. A better solution might be to add a DPP44 switch, and only connect the outputs from the 61.5 and 72 LNBs to the switch. That would also leave room for future expansion, if any of the Western Arc satellites are needed for any reason, they could easily be added to the switch. Plus, the DPP44 has outputs for four receivers, instead of only having three outputs directly from the 1000.4 EA LNB.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)