Several HD channels are black

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underscore

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Ever since DirecTV proactively fixed the "transmission glitch" (which I didn't know there was one till I got an email the next morning) on my HR22 receiver the other day, several of my HD channels (History HD and channels in that range) go randomly black. No 771 type messages, just black. The H20 upstairs doesn't have the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this? This is

Ever since DirecTV proactively fixed the "transmission glitch" (which I didn't know there was one till I got an email the next morning) on my HR22 receiver the other day, several of my HD channels (History HD and channels in that range) go randomly black. No 771 type messages, just black. The H20 upstairs doesn't have the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this? This is

Have you tried a reboot yet ?

Menu - Set Up - System Set Up - ReSet - ReStart Recvr - dash

Yep, did that when said channels had random blank gaps in guide programming...which did clear that issue up.

I'll try it again though.

Try unplugging the receiver from power for about a minute - plug it back in and do a "cold" reset.

Although you need to wait for all the initial set-up routine stuff, this fixes it most of the time.

If that doesn't work, you could call D* and have them re set your programming options and see if it may just need a re hit.

Also, you might want to see what sat and transponders they are on and check your signal strength on them.

Resend the authority to that receiver by logging onto your account online and clicking on Help....Tools. Then click on the 'Refresh Your Receiver' link at the bottom of the page. You can select one or all of your receivers and resend the authority to them.

This is exactly what a D* CSR does to refresh the authority to a customer's receiver, and doing so fixes a lot of things. :)

Resend the authority to that receiver by logging onto your account online and clicking on Help....Tools. Then click on the 'Refresh Your Receiver' link at the bottom of the page. You can select one or all of your receivers and resend the authority to them.

This is exactly what a D* CSR does to refresh the authority to a customer's receiver, and doing so fixes a lot of things. :)

I was going to mention that, but for some reason, I have not had much luck doing so.

I was going to mention that, but for some reason, I have not had much luck doing so.

I used it the other night, Jimbo. For some reason, my Biography HD channel was grayed out. I refreshed my receiver from my Laptop and watched the channel come right back up. :)

The cold reset did the trick. Though if it re-appears, I'll keep the receiver resend trick in mind.

Thanks, guys.

Good to see your back up and going !

Bookmark the link so you won't have to spend much time finding it on thier website.

Ditto :)

That's a handy link, I saved it in my bookmarks and had to use it recently when DTV added some HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.