SF Bay Area Waivers??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

byteme

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
Alamo, CA
Has anyone ever applied for and RECEIVED HD waivers from the local SF Bay Area networks??? I'm in the East Bay (over the hill) and can't receive HD antenna reception, therefore no local HD stations..... I just had installed an H10-250 & 3 LNB dish about a month ago and am about ready to have the 5 LNB dish installed with the H20 receiver so I can switch between the 2 to pick up the local HD network stations. If it's at all possible to get the waivers, I'd much rather do that!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!

:confused:
Thanks.....

byteme said:
Has anyone ever applied for and RECEIVED HD waivers from the local SF Bay Area networks??? I'm in the East Bay (over the hill) and can't receive HD antenna reception, therefore no local HD stations..... I just had installed an H10-250 & 3 LNB dish about a month ago and am about ready to have the 5 LNB dish installed with the H20 receiver so I can switch between the 2 to pick up the local HD network stations. If it's at all possible to get the waivers, I'd much rather do that!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thanks.....

Once you get the H20 and AT9 antenna you will be able to receive the big 4 SF stations without waivers.

But...he will not be able to record any network HD on his H10-250 :( Good luck with the waivers...I take it Sacramento OTA isn't going to happen either?

Exactly...ie...no recording without the H10-250, no local HD without the H20 and no Sacramento OTA (Mt Diablo, is an obstacle). It would be sooo much easier to be able to get the west coast (LA) network feeds but it doesn't sound promising, so I'm thinking, put up an 5 LNB and hook up both the H10 and the H20 and hopefully switch between the 2 receivers.
Since I have a definite lacking of patience, I can't fathom waiting for the new receiver supposedly coming out later this year, especially with the Olympics coming up!

Did you check on the D* site to see if you qualify for HD DNS? http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx
also, I think some of the SF stations are owned and operated so you may have no problem getting waivers to get the LA feed. I too live in an area surrounded by trees and mountain. When I called D* I qualified for all 4 HD DN.

Good luck!

byteme said:

Thanks.....

I have the HR10-250. I live in Walnut Creek and was able to get waivers for all Networks. I get HD's out of LA.

I had to fight for NBC though, they said that Sacramento was claiming I was in their viewing area, although SF is my local (30 miles to SF, 80 to Sac). So I had to get actual letters from both stations and fax them in. Once I did that they gave me the NBC Feed so now I have all of the stations.

They have blanket waivers for ABC & CBS, so you should atleast be able to get those.

Once the new MPEG4 DVR is released, they will be canceled as SF can have HD locals now.

Hang in there, not too much longer.

Hello.....Thanks for responding!

I've just read your posts re: waivers rec'd from the local networks and was wondering who you directed your emails to (or did you write a letter) and exactly what you said or asked for to get approval? I live in Alamo & I've had Direct Tv supposedly contact the locals stations with their subsequent denials......Grrrrrr

Any and All assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

SF HD stations aren't available yet? According to D* site they show 2, 5, 7 & 11 in HD. I'd love to get them as SV in HD.

Last edited:
They supposedly are available, but only with an 5 LNB dish and an H20 Receiver, therefore NO DVR Recording, which I am addicted to. Woe is me.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)