SF Bay problems

cmaier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Last night my 721 started "acting funny." Rebooted this morning when channel 11 wouldn't show up. Didn;'t come through the reboot well; froze on "acquiring satellite data." Check switch is fine. My 622 also can't get channel 11.

Called dish - got an automated recording about "known problems" in 'my area" that they are aware of and working on.

Wouldn't mind just losing a channel for awhile, but the 721 doesn't take kindly to whatever is going on - once the tuner was set to channel 11 it refuses to leave. The other tuner was set to CNN, so i swapped to that one. The guide is also pretty messed up ("no info available" on lots of channels).

Wonder what's going on.

I had no SF locals when I woke up this morning on my 622. Came back about 40min. later and they were back.

RandallA said:
Geesh, really? I know that. You're saying by the end of the week, can you name your source? Again.

Actually I said by the end of NEXT week...and the rumor is a solid one. If you call one of our local stations engeneering departments...(hint hint) you just might get someone there to comfirm the rumor for yourself.

Six - that's right, six San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose HD channels have been uploaded to the satellites, but are not yet available for customer viewing.

On 119 west:
6438 KGO - ABC
6439 KPIX - CBS
6440 KNTV - NBC
6441 KTVU - FOX
and on 129:
6444 KICU - Independent
6445 KRON - To be new MyTV affiliate

Keep checking your HD guide. They should be showing up soon. You need one of the new receivers, a ViP-211 or ViP-622 to receive these HD locals.

I have no idea why KICU is included. I've never seen any HD on that station. What about KBHK, the new CW network affiliate, or KQED-PBS?

Larry
SF

KRON doesnt even broadcast their HD loop on .1 and I dont think they are uplinking aby subchannels at this time. So talk about a real wast. UPN the new CW or PBS or even WB whilst it last would have been a better options IMO.

Larry- do you know if they are getting ABC7 from the fiber link at Sutro or OTA?

Paradox-SJ said:
Larry- do you know if they are getting ABC7 from the fiber link at Sutro or OTA?

I really don't know. I've pretty much lost touch with KGO now. I've been out of there for almost two and a half years. How time flies!

Larry
SF

anyone having trouble with there OTA channel 7 kgo/abc in sf? sunset district. Ever since i installed the new 622...it cuts out every so often even tho it says i got 91 signal...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)