SFN TV NOW Temporarily Ends Nationwide Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
SFN TV Now’s Nationwide Streaming Service Is No More
http://www.rokuki.com/sfn-tv-nows-nationwide-streaming-service-is-no-more/
SFN TV Now quietly pulled the plug on their nationwide streaming service this week. You can check out my post on NetFXD detailing how I found out below:

This week my SFN TV Now service unexpectedly stopped. I contacted support to find out what was interrupting my service.

Surprisingly they replied with the following statement:

“Good morning! Thank you for contacting us regarding your SFN TV Now service. We recently identified areas that were outside of our SFN TV Now network, and unfortunately, you were one of the customers that we can no longer be serviced at this time. We appreciate you trying our service during our BETA period, and hope that we can provide this service again in the near future.

Thank you for allowing Southern Fibernet to serve you.”

I say surprisingly because no notice was sent that the service would be ending either by email or by public announcement that I could find, the service just stopped abruptly. Also I had service for over a month since the Beta had ended. I was curious by outside the service area they may have mistakenly thought I lived outside the United States. So I asked what the service area consisted of and received this reply:

“Lake Park, Moody AFB Dorms, Magnolia Grove and Officer Housing at Moody AFB.”
sfn-exchange..jpg

So from the sounds of things SFN TV Now is essentially just a regional streaming service in Georgia. While I understand there may be outside constraints forcing the change, I believe it reflects poorly on their part that they did not notify customers, and instead as a customer I had to inquire as to why service stopped.

Anyone else outside of Georgia lose their SFN TV Now service without notice? Comment below.

Update: Many out of state customers are reporting they still have service. I reached out to SFN upper management around noon today for a comment or clarification on their policy and have not received a response as of this writing.

I was following them since they started. A problem they had was not being quite clear enough early on that you could not get locals channels unless you were in the one DMA they had. I think it was Multichannel that said after getting some headway in subscribers they started to drop like flies.

I was following them since they started. A problem they had was not being quite clear enough early on that you could not get locals channels unless you were in the one DMA they had. I think it was Multichannel that said after getting some headway in subscribers they started to drop like flies.
Well their prices didn't help them either. I was wondering if something more nefarious was going on, like what happened with Sky Angel's Fave TV. Various networks that Fave TV carried were being pressured by cable companies to pull out of Fave TV, or the cable companies would drop them. When you have Sony backing PlayStation Vue & Dish backing Sling TV, a small regional company like this can get overwhelmed & maybe even threatened with intimidation.

Reactions: Tampa8
Well their prices didn't help them either. I was wondering if something more nefarious was going on, like what happened with Sky Angel's Fave TV. Various networks that Fave TV carried were being pressured by cable companies to pull out of Fave TV, or the cable companies would drop them. When you have Sony backing PlayStation Vue & Dish backing Sling TV, a small regional company like this can get overwhelmed & maybe even threatened with intimidation.

I wouldn't totally dismiss that possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts