SG 2100 Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
Is there any difference in the different branded SG 2100's? I have a shot at one for $40, it's labeled "Moteck" Is it any lesser quality?

I have a Moteck and a DMSI motor. Both say SG2100

The moteck I used for a year and its already starting to show some wear (overshooting satellites when I move to them) and it didn't like the cold here in Minnesota. The DMSI motor has worked great for 2+ years (3 MN winters)

It is a nice motor, but if you do lots of motoring or live in a cold climate, I would be hesitant to get it

here is a good deal and a good motor Item number: 9723608285

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9723608285&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have a Motek SG2100 and Yesturday I was out at my dish trying to fix up a permanent soultion for my lnbf as the holder was not the right one.Anyway during this process I must have done something to cause the motor to go as far West as it could go and I know there are mechanical stops there but it would not move back.I tried from the receiver and from the manual button on the motor,trying a reset etc,.I thought to send this back for repairs would cost more than the motor was worth so i took it apart. All looked ok so I tried manually turning the motor for a long time and slightly moved the gear wheel, put the power to it and was able to control it again.I tried with the receiver moving it to USAL points and seem to work.I reinstalled it with the dish and it worked for a while,all of a sudden it would not move only when I use Diseqc 1.2 and will only nudge.Even when press the Go E or go W it will only nudge.
I don't know if anyone esle has had this problem or has any suggestions, if so they would be appreciated.
I did get a little cold here in the afternoon like about 40 deg F.

Dave

I went out in the pouring rain and took it inside again.
I think it looks ok now I seen that I must have moved that little sensor away from the end of the motor, so i moved it back. Iguess that counts the motor revolutions, anyway I looks ok again.Still don't know why this happened, but I do know alot more about the guts of the Sg2100.

Dave

On the subject of SG-2100 motors, I was about to start installing the SG-2100 I ordered with my FTA system, and now I'm starting to wonder if the motor I ordered is USALS compliant. Mine is a DMSl, and just today I noticed that although it appears to be DiSEqC 1.2 compliant, there's no mention of USALS or DiSEqC 1.3 compliance. That said, does anyone know if the DMSI SG-2100 motors are USALS compliant, or are they only compliant with DiSEqC 1.2? Iceberg, I know you mentioned that you have a DMSI, but I'm curious as to whether there might be different "versions" or releases of their motor, some 1.3 compliant and others not. If the latter is the case, I may need to look into getting another motor...d'oh!

For reference, the website for the motor I ordered is http://www.dmsiusa.com/sg2100.htm

Last edited:
All motors are USALS complient...its the reciever that needs to be

I have a DMSI SG2100 and it works fine on USALS

Iceberg said:
All motors are USALS complient...its the reciever that needs to be. I have a DMSI SG2100 and it works fine on USALS.

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought that a motor also had to have some sort of 1.3 compliance, but I guess as long as my 3500 is USALS compliant, which it is, then I'm all set.

yep. All USALS (1.3) does is moves the dish after you put in your lat & long and store true south satellite.

Diseqc 1.2 is manually moving the dish to a spot and storing it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts