SG2100 motor and older FTA receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rangers00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I have a DMT-1050 FTA receiver that I bought 5 years ago. It supports DiSEQC but apparently it's DiSEQC 1.0 instead of 1.2.

The SG2100 motor is controlled by DiSEQC 1.2.

Does anyone use this combination? DMT-1050 and SG2100. Do they work together?

Diseqc 1.0 means it works with a switch

Diseqc 1.2 is a motor

Diseqc 1.3 is USALS

so it wont work with a motor

Thanks.

That leads to another question. Is there a small device that can send out DiSEQC 1.2 commands?

I want to use the motor for C-band analog sports backhaul. In my proposed setup, apparently my FTA DVB receiver is not used for viewing but only to control the motor (the analog receiver is slaved to it). So it's a waste of resource for me to connect a DVB receiver just for the sake of moving the motor.

I have been thinking about this all along. If I can control the motor using some other small, cheap device, that would be perfect.

Or....just spend a little over $125 for a new desktop receiver or even quite a bit less than that for a PCI card that will also move your dish for you. Not at all trying to be snotty just saying the the equipment prices are so low that if you think FTA is for you and you already have some equipment your not investing that much additional money.

Thanks for all the input...

It looks like the Vbox type of devices are small, but they certainly aren't cheap. It would be more economical to get a used Diseqc-1.2 enabled receiver than getting one of these boxes...

And the PCI card solution is certainly a good one, at least for me. I've already had a twinhan 1020A, which supports Diseqc 1.2, installed on my PC.

So my problem is solved, at least temporarily. I'll simply slave the analog receiver to the Twinhan 1020A. It's an under-utilization of my card, but I'll worry about it later...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)