SG2100 motor control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
I have just installed my SG2100 motor.
But damned if I can find any documentation on what rotational setting the LNB should be.

The motor is set at 30 degree elevation and the dish 24 degrees (My Latitude = 38.5038, Longitude = -121.5154)

So I am curious as to where the LNB should be: +20/-20

Thanks to a past post I have figured it out:

"As the motor turns East/West it will tilt the LNBF automatically.

Usually the LNBF will have some angle markings on the top side of it. Keep it at zero."

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Last edited:
Page 18 of the owners manual.

• Select Motor Setup
  • Select Motor type USALS
  • Select a satellite near your true south (123w)
  • Select or enter an active transponder
  • Select your LNBF type (standard)
  • Enter your longitude and latitude
  • Let the motor move into position
  • Aim the dish/motor
  • Search for available channels

Repeat for another satellite on eastern end of arc (72w)

Repeat for another satellite in the middle of the arc (97w)

DISEqC 1.2 or USALS

I know you guys are getting tired of my tiresome noob questions.

Once more:

When setting up the motor in the DSR200C settings, should I be selecting DiSEqc 1.2 or USALS? (with a SG2100 motor).
Also, until a few mins ago I had a steady LED light..now nothing.
I have tried resetting the motor and making sure that the connections are tight, still no go..

Mark

You can select whichever one you want. Do you want to find all the satellites individually and have the motor memorize the positions (1.2), or do you want to find one satellite (and maybe a few more to check accuracy) and have it go to any position automatically (USALS)?

I have this combination of receiver and motor. USALS helped me get in the neighborhood, but I used DiSEqc 1.2 to fine tune the satellite positions. The LED in my motor flashes red every few seconds. I think this indicates an error. Dunno.

Looks like I was using a coaxial that had a screw on connector. replaced with compression connectors and now have solid LED light. When I move the motor E or W, it moves, but when I Goto Sat Position, nothing happens: Thanks! Mark

motor.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously, follow the steps in post #4. No use in trying to reinvent the wheel and make the install more difficult.

The reason that the motor is not moving is because you have selected DiSEqC 1.2, but haven't yet aligned the dish/motor or found a satellite to save. The motor has no position saved, so it has no position to move to.

USALS calculates the motor position based on your longitude and latitude. It automatically moves the motor to the correct position

Last edited:
First aim for the top of the arc (123w) since most KU-band sats are east of there. Choose another satellite near the eastern horizon (i.e. 72w) as the 2nd satellite then 97w as the final. Running the motor between these three sats will assure that the motor is tracking the arc.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help.
Even using a sat finder (which gives me a top of the meter signal aimed at a sat, but no signal on the receiver) I am having no luck.
I could get Galaxy 19 when there was no motor attached.. go figure.
Wife's getting frustrated and losing patience, as am I :)
Going to find an installer who can do it for me. I have the dish on the roof and the motor setup so it should be a breeze for the installer
to tune the receiver/motor.
Will keep you posted...

Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)