Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue RENEWED for second season. Just got the email today.:cool:

Wow, I wouldn´t think they´d decide on that so soon (IMO).

I gave up on the show, ratings were higher than Elementary, but last night it was almost even with Holmes and Watson.

I didn´t watch last night´s episode, but I doubt there were any new developments, and I´d hate to watch it and end up watching another scene with Ray Liota like the last one mentioned above.

Wow, I wouldn´t think they´d decide on that so soon (IMO).

I gave up on the show, ratings were higher than Elementary, but last night it was almost even with Holmes and Watson.

I didn´t watch last night´s episode, but I doubt there were any new developments, and I´d hate to watch it and end up watching another scene with Ray Liota like the last one mentioned above.
Turns out that Ray Liota's character is bisexual and that he has "large appetites". He also has a wife on the show and they show him with her in bed in last night's episode too. But you should of watched last night's show. The hispanic drug dealer that won't do what Ray tells him , which is to keep his drugs down to certain areas in small numbers, he also steals Ray's police car , paints it pink and writes FAG on it in big pink letters. He also loads the car with Male Nudie magazines in an attempt to expose Ray's interest in men. This hispanic guy ends up in the Barber shop handcuffed to a barber chair -compliment of Ray. Ray gets the rival gang who run the black barber shop to give the drug dealer leader a special "two for one special" while they film it. This was to put the guy in his place and make him look like the fag. Very graphic and I swear this show should be on HBO or Showtime. The stuff they show on this show is way to adult for network tv. It is like a movie at times with the story lines. I like the show ,but even I am a little shocked in what they get away with and I worked in a male prison for over 17 years. Makes "Blacklist" , which come on before it ,look like a kiddie show in comparison.

Turns out that Ray Liota's character is bisexual and that he has "large appetites". He also has a wife on the show and they show him with her in bed in last night's episode too. But you should of watched last night's show. The hispanic drug dealer that won't do what Ray tells him , which is to keep his drugs down to certain areas in small numbers, he also steals Ray's police car , paints it pink and writes FAG on it in big pink letters. He also loads the car with Male Nudie magazines in an attempt to expose Ray's interest in men. This hispanic guy ends up in the Barber shop handcuffed to a barber chair -compliment of Ray. Ray gets the rival gang who run the black barber shop to give the drug dealer leader a special "two for one special" while they film it. This was to put the guy in his place and make him look like the fag. Very graphic and I swear this show should be on HBO or Showtime. The stuff they show on this show is way to adult for network tv. It is like a movie at times with the story lines. I like the show ,but even I am a little shocked in what they get away with and I worked in a male prison for over 17 years. Makes "Blacklist" , which come on before it ,look like a kiddie show in comparison.

There you go. That barber shop scene kinda sounds like a graphic scene in that movie Pulp FIction, I won´t give details here ´cause IMO it was too graphic.

I totally agree with you that this show, belongs in a premium channel (Showtime,etc), where you know what you can expect.

I´m still used to watch a show on broadcast networks (NBC; CBS;...) with the confidence that there will be no F-bombs, or graphic sex or violent scenes.

Now this show is deviating from that standard.

Having said that, I guess I still like the kiddie shows like The Blacklist :wink

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Not to hijack this thread but have you ever seen "Younger" on Tv Land channel? This show does use graphic language ,at least they say Sh*t all the time. The adult scenes are something you would of seen on Sex in the City on HBO about 10 years ago. I am so surprised to be watching Tv Land -home of the old tv reruns ,showing this kind of show. I like the show but it still has me a bit surprised. I guess I 'm getting old now that I am shocked by some of what I watch on network tv.

Reactions: DJdish
Not to hijack this thread but have you ever seen "Younger" on Tv Land channel? This show does use graphic language ,at least they say Sh*t all the time. The adult scenes are something you would of seen on Sex in the City on HBO about 10 years ago. I am so surprised to be watching Tv Land -home of the old tv reruns ,showing this kind of show. I like the show but it still has me a bit surprised. I guess I 'm getting old now that I am shocked by some of what I watch on network tv.

I guess I´m also getting old, and finding out that the standards for content on tv have changed.

I still remember when TV Land was about old classic shows, very family friendly programming.
I guess I´m old if I´m from back in the day when Sci-Fi was only about old classic sci-fi shows, and when MTV was only about music videos.

I think even in the mid 90s probably up to the late 90´s, four letter words and nudity and graphic sex was limited to only the premium channels, not even regular cable channels.

And I´m talking about US TV, so I guess it´s changing, I know in Europe is normal to have some nudity on prime time shows, etc.

Anyway, apparently things are changing with US TV.

I like so much the old classic shows, that these last couple of days I´ve been watching old Cannon episodes (that show was on TV Land when it first launched, as a new channel after it´s start as Nick At Nite´s TV Land BTW) and Columbo.

I like watching old shows, is like traveling back in time for me :D

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I agree. I stay on Metv some days when I don't have anything else to watch. Saturday nights I watch just about all the line up from Wonder Woman to Voyage to the Bottom of the sea. I also like watching Fantasy Island on Saturday nights on FETV since it is a mirror of Cozi tv during prime time. Used to watch Fantasy Island on Saturday nights back in the 80s. When I watch Lost in Space , I feel like I am 6 years old again and I'm watching our first 20" color tv on my dad's lap. That show always takes me back to my childhood and I can watch it over and over again. I guess it is like comfort food.:biggrin

Reactions: DJdish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)