Shakeup At Dish Headquarters??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think that losing Voom the way they did, issues with NBA: LP as well as losing EI did nothing to help this guy's case. I'm a D* customer, but constantly losing channels and not getting anything new that I wanted was what drove me away from cable. I think also losing subscribers for these consecutive periods did nothing to help him either.
sorry but the blame for those issues belong to chuck and nobody but chuck

Are we talking about the same Charlie? The known micromanager?
Easy... Charlie gives him "rules" to follow. If a deal fits the rules, Eric can handle it. When it doesn't, it goes up the chain. I suspect the problem was, Charlie's rules were so biased in Dish's favor that he (Charlie) got involved too often.

I for one am very happy with the job Eric did. I called into a charlie chat and bitched about no nhl network, both him and charlie said it was coming and it did.
that channel is a must have for me and youll notice since nhl network has been added my bitch posts about dish has gone down significantly

Thanks for a great job Eric, all the best to you in your future endevours

Well, what I heard is this.... Dish has no plans whatsoever to add any new programming for 1-2 years so Eric's position is simply no longer needed.

:haha Now that is one rumor on this site that I will believe.

I hope I'm wrong here.... but the shakeup gives Charlie the chance to say "due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to add any additional HD content for our customers since contract negotiations have obviously come to a halt.." :rolleyes:

Well, what I heard is this.... Dish has no plans whatsoever to add any new programming for 1-2 years so Eric's position is simply no longer needed.
If that is the case, then Dish goes belly-up! Rethink the absurdity of that statement. If E* doesn't remain competitive, then the churn goes even higher and the "new" customer adds goes even lower.

150 HD CHANNELS????

Sorry, like an idiot I deleted it, but I did get an email from Dish the other day asking me to sign up and that they will have 75 HD Channels by years end!

Funny I am a Dish customer, yet I still get emails to sign up!

150 HD CHANNELS????

Sorry, like an idiot I deleted it, but I did get an email from Dish the other day asking me to sign up and that they will have 75 HD Channels by years end!

Oh no!!! They currently claim to have 114 HD channels. I guess Dish is going to drop 39 channels!!!!:)

I tried going through the "official channels" to get an answer, to which I received back a "no comment."

The mystery continues. :)

So you called him ?

schultz.jpg

IF he got fired, it is for something that we either don't know about yet or will never know about.

For example, Perhaps Charlie gave him a revenue or cost target related to programming costs, and he exceeded it. That would be simple.

What could be more complex is this possible circumstance: He left dish in a negotiating position that Charlie thought untenable. IN a position in which certain programers have Dish over a barrel.

For example, maybe Eric left Dish in an impossible negotiating position vis-a-vis Fox. I understand that Dish's deal with Fox for its owned-and-operated local stations (27 stations in 15 major markets) expires this month. In this case, Dish could be over a barrel because Fox might be demanding that in exchange for renewing rebroadcast rights of the O&Os, Dish give carriage on the lowest tier for Fox Business (and HD), Speed (and HD), FX (and HD), Fox News (and HD), Fox Reality (and HD), etc., and for it's MyTV stations, all with significant subscriber fee increases.

What can Dish do? About the only thing Dish can do is threaten to pull the plug on the 27 Fox stations when the agreement runs out later this month.

But can Dish even do that? Given that Fox carries NFL (NFC) football games, can Dish just pull the plug on the TV homes of the Bears, Giants, Buccaneers, Falcons, Lions, Redskins, Cardinals, Eagles and Cowboys? I think not.

Cutting them off is just not an option. So Charlie is going to have to pay Rupert's Price.

IF Charlie perceives that Eric's planning and acquisition strategy has left him in this position, that could be reason enough for Eric's exit.

Or maybe Eric decided to try something different and thought he was in a good position in his life to leave.

I do hope that $h!T gets worked out with Fox...I'd really like to get FX-HD and, to a lesser extent, Fox News HD wouldn't be bad either (fair & balanced?--that's debatable...hot-ass broadcaster babes? That's a FACT! And in HD would be GREAT!)

In any case, I doubt they'd be able to drop O&O Fox stations for very long before the subscribers went APE-$H!T!! I remember Dish doing this about 2-4 years ago, I forget what network it was with (I think CBS, yes...no?!?) Anyways, they restored the network in a week or so, i believe.

Again, hope they work it out, I want "Sons of Anarchy" and "Rescue Me" in HD, God-D#MM!T!!!

By the way, it would not surprise me if Eric Sahl needed to leave the position for personal reasons having nothing whatsoever to do with the business of Dish Network... I would not jump to any conclusions at this time.

150 HD CHANNELS????

I've been a D* customer for over 2 years and I still get letters in the mail saying why Directv is a better value than cable. I wrote a whole letter to the newspaper about why it was better already!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)