Share One DVR's Ethernet Connection Over Powerline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdmacor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Houston, TX
I just had a 722k installed today, to go along with another 722. My question is whether it is possible to have one connected via ethernet to the internet, and then have the other receiver, in the other room, share that connection, via powerline technology. In the manual it states that it can share a phone connection, but I can't seem to get it to share ethernet. Is it at all possible?

Yes, if you plug the ethernet in on your 722k , and plug it into the wall plug and not a surge protector , the other receiver , if plugged into the wall plug as well , should see the ethernet too. In my situation I have my 722k plugged into the internet and my 211k sees it and is connected to the internet as well . Both are plugged into the wall plug . Dish com sees both receivers on my 722k and on my 211k as well.

Thanks! I will get it off of the surge protectors and see if that works. Because right now, they are only seeing themselves, and not each other. Plus, I am in an apartment, so who knows...

OK, I must be missing something here. I have everything plugged directly into the wall now, using the following setup:

• Living Room: 722 connected via ethernet to router; broadband connection OK; plugged power cord directly into wall
  • Bedroom: 722k plugged directly into the wall
When I do the DishComm setup, it now sees both receivers; when I "test" the connection, both are a combination of good and excellent (7-10 on the scale of 12). However, the 722k cannot get a broadband connection. Is there a magic word, or chant I need to sing?... :confused:

You CANNOT share an internet connection by hooking to one VIP receiver and thinking DISHComm will connect the internet to other VIP receivers.

DISHComm is not designed to do that.

EACH receiver must be connected by either a homeplug adapter or using the ethernet port.

You CANNOT share an internet connection by hooking to one VIP receiver and thinking DISHComm will connect the internet to other VIP receivers.

DISHComm is not designed to do that.

EACH receiver must be connected by either a homeplug adapter or using the ethernet port.

My 211k ( in my son's bedroom) is not hooked up to any ethernet and my 722k is hooked up directly to by ethernet to my cable router ( in the computer room ). I also have the netgear wireless plugged into near my cable router and a spare one hooked( into my master bedroom) for my echostar dtv pal plus dvr. The 211k shows it is connected to the internet. The two DISH receivers see each other using dish com . So I wonder why I am seeing internet connected in my son's room where I am not using any wireless netgear devices or land line connection via the ethernet?

Mike, can you access yours remotely, for scheduling and what have you? Actually, maybe 211's can't do that... At any rate, that is what I want it for; to schedule crap on the go.

My girlfriend's sister has a homeplug wall adapter, so maybe I can give that a shot. Can they all transmit and receive signals?

The 211k is not able to be signed up for remote scheduling yet. It only sees the internet connection . I can't use it for internet movies etc. I have the 211k hooked to an external hard drive that makes it a dvr for my kid's shows. As to the netgear wireless plugs, I have two in my house and two in my mom& dad's house and it looks to me like they can be used either for transmitting or receiving.I simply plugged one into my cable modem and the other plug into my bedroom for my dtv pal plus dvr for ota and it sees the internet. The 211k must see the internet because it sees it through the electrical line in the plug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts