sharing knowledge

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

goody5018

May 3, 2006
trying to get info on fta

Just getting started. I have been reading as much as I can absorb. So far looks like a lot of fun.

I am going to get a system with a motor and blind search. I would like to mount it to the eave of my roof. I live in south fl. Haven't found any place with details of mounts for the eave or side of house. Will fta work with any tv? S video??

Looks like I will have to run it all through a ground bar. I have a compass. What meter do I need to set it up? Any info is muchly appreciated.

Goody

PSB

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
The receivers signal quality meter is the BEST signal meter out there (hooked to a TV)

ANY TV will work for FTA, and should work on any south facing downward sloping roof, depending on the pitch of the roof.

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

G

goody5018

May 3, 2006
you sat guys are really nice to share all that knowledge. really getting a lot out of the forums. Still just figuring this out.

I am assuming that each satelitte has multiple transponders? And after you blind scan, the receiver stores them? Thus you can get multiple stations? Hope you bear with me, I am not really that dumb, just a lot of new terminology to figure out. Hopefully, I will have enough info soon to buy a system. Next is learning about a good dish and a mount that I can put on the side of my house.

Goody From sunny (rainy) florida.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yes each satellite has multiple transponders. On each transponder there could be 0 channels up to 20+

Some satellites have a lot of stuff that is scrambled so that satellite may have just a couple channels (as an example, there is a satellite with 3 Chinese type channels and the rest of the channels are scrambled). Conversely there is a satellite with about 125+ channels (alot are ethnic type chanenls) and one satellite has 35+ english/spanish channels (about 10 spanish..the rest English)

Status
Please reply by conversation.