Sharing recordings on EHD between receivers

AUTIGERS1101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I have searched and searched and don't really understand this. Can I move my external hard drive between receivers without having to reformat? I tried doing it and it gave me a message saying I needed to reformat. I saw where you needed to do a "hit" and I told the CSR that and he told me he would. He also said the 3 move rule is still in affect. Is this true? And what is this household key thing?

from my understanding, you can take a hard drive between receivers as much as you would like as long as they are on the same account.

I called tech support today with the same problem. I was told the only solution was to reformat. I told them that the EHD still works fine on one of my 2 receivers. They told me that I could only move the EHD 3 times and it is now "slaved" to the receiver it is currently attached to. The kicker is that I was able to move the EHD between receiver dozens of times in the last 3 weeks.

I called tech support today with the same problem. I was told the only solution was to reformat. I told them that the EHD still works fine on one of my 2 receivers. They told me that I could only move the EHD 3 times and it is now "slaved" to the receiver it is currently attached to. The kicker is that I was able to move the EHD between receiver dozens of times in the last 3 weeks.

I will get the reformat message as well, however, if I leave on long enough, at least a good 5 minutes, the message goes away and the HDD is accessable. Also, I have found that if I disconnect the HDD from the outlet and connect it to the STB, then plug in the HDD, I do not get the format message and the HDD become immediately accessible. It should not have to be this way, but it works for me. I hope you find a fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)