Sharks fans SOL AGAIN!

Logansneo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
San Jose, Ca
For the second season running Dish has dropped the ball on aquiring CSN-HD leaving Bay Area customers out in the cold when it comes to Sharks home games. Does DirecTV carry CSN-HD Bay Area cause I'm quite tempted to switch if they do. All Dish customer service was able to give me was a lame, half-assed apology with no excuse to justify why in Silicon Valley, one of the central hub's of technological development in the world as well as one of the largest sports markets can't seem to get local hockey home games in HD!?!

This is just the tip of the iceburg, with Dish's delay of adding channels like BBC-HD, the whole VOOM debacle, and force-feeding crap like GREEN, Smithsonian, and National Geographic when there's already Discovery and History channels available!

I know it's a pipe dream but I won't be happy until a'la cart programming happens, and probably not in my lifetime.

For the second season running Dish has dropped the ball on aquiring CSN-HD leaving Bay Area customers out in the cold when it comes to Sharks home games. Does DirecTV carry CSN-HD Bay Area cause I'm quite tempted to switch if they do. All Dish customer service was able to give me was a lame, half-assed apology with no excuse to justify why in Silicon Valley, one of the central hub's of technological development in the world as well as one of the largest sports markets can't seem to get local hockey home games in HD!?!

This is just the tip of the iceburg, with Dish's delay of adding channels like BBC-HD, the whole VOOM debacle, and force-feeding crap like GREEN, Smithsonian, and National Geographic when there's already Discovery and History channels available!

I know it's a pipe dream but I won't be happy until a'la cart programming happens, and probably not in my lifetime.

Uhm....Its on channel 419....

Center ice

I was hoping to tune to the San Jose feed on channel 629, but all I'm getting is a black screen. The Anaheim feed on 628 is good. Is it just my system, or is it out nationally?

Update: I talked to AT&T. They're going to investigate the issue...in 3 days. Talk about useless.

Last edited:
The Turbo HD packages don't include your local RSN. The lack of RSN in those packages has been discussed many times before. BTW, the CSNBA HD is on channel 5419

The Turbo HD packages don't include your local RSN. The lack of RSN in those packages has been discussed many times before. BTW, the CSNBA HD is on channel 5419

Regardless, because of the nature of the Total HD package, any HD channel available through Dish Network should be made available on my package. I signed a 2 year agreement stating that I would get every HD channel available on Dish Network (besides Premium Movie channels) and if Dish adds CSNBA-HD I should get it! Other channels that I receive in HD are attributed to packages that I don't subscribe to so why should CSNBA-HD be any different?

I just got off the phone after reaming out the CS idiot who told me the only reason I don't get CSNBA-HD is because I don't live in an available zip code to qualify for it!!!!! WTF!!!! My father lives 6 miles form my house and he can get it, BUT NOT ME!! I literally live 3 miles from Shark's Stadium, HP Pavillion downtown San Jose! Someones ass is mine tomorrow!

go to a bar and watch or a friends house with cable or directv

That's the whole point of paying for a service, isn't it? So I don't have to leave the comfort of my own home to enjoy my favorite sports team! And as stated above Dish DOES carry the channel, but won't allow me to have it because of zip code stipulations, whatever the hell that is! And your a supporting founder suggesting I just go with the flow and accept what they tell me? Are you kidding? I now have 2 612VIP DVR's because I didn't let them get away with their BS, which would have forced me to buy a 722VIP at higher cost. Admittedly the 612 and 722 both have their fair share of problems, but it was point that they said one thing and did another that made me fight their political crap and get what they promised me! This is just an extension of that same problem.

Thanks for the sage advice 420!

its your fault fior signing with dish, if you signed with direct im sure you would have seen this evenings game

had you asked here about dish's turbo hd packaqes youd would have been told real quick cant get rsn with that package

your far from the 1st person to complain about no rsn in hd only packages and you wont be the last

its your fault fior signing with dish, if you signed with direct im sure you would have seen this evenings game

had you asked here about dish's turbo hd packaqes youd would have been told real quick cant get rsn with that package

your far from the 1st person to complain about no rsn in hd only packages and you wont be the last

My package pre-dates the Turbo HD package and the customer service rep said that my package should have the RSN HD but my zip code disqualifies me from getting it. If I lived 5 miles east or west of where I currently live I could get it, they said! That's why I'm pissed!

"the customer service rep said that my package should have the RSN HD but my zip code disqualifies me from getting it."

That's simply not true and don't believe everything a CSR tells you. Last night's game was a home game and I was watching it because my package includes my RSN CSNBA, yours doesn't. It's that simple. Change your package or just go with another provider.

BTW, I'm not saying that I agree with Dish Network I'm just stating the facts.

The bottom line is that the HD Only Package never included your local RSN (both SD and HD). You can debate as to whether this is fair or not but that's the way it's always been. If you want your local RSN change packages.