Sharks game blacked out in Bay Area by Dish???

JohnnyJupiter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Pleasant Hill, California
I just got off the phone with some truly frustrating stonewallers at DiSH who told me that I could not get the Sharks game on my LOCAL sports channel, CSNBA, "because someone else had paid for exclusive rights".

I am in the Bay Area, this is my local sports channel and this is my local team. What gives? I have never had this happen before and cannot get any explanation from the morons I dealt with tonight.

Frustrating!

Is anyone else in the S.F. Bay Area having the same problem?

I had the same problem for the first period. I called Dish (useless idiots x 5), CSN-Bay Area (voice mail), The Sharks (ditto) and Comcast (at least they answered the phone.)

The Dish people didn't care, one rep even told me "shut up, I'm talking." If I find out that D* had the game I'm firing Dish tomorrow.

Last edited:
Absolute idiots. The first idiot CSR blamed the problem on the FCC, then another CSR told me that it was CSN-BA's fault. I called CSN and yelled in their voicemail, but I'm sure they're just laughing about it.

Wonder if CSN would do this to non Comcast customers (Comcast didn't get blacked out for the first period) to make us satellite customers want to switch. F*** Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts