Shaw 505 HD

Imt2011

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Mexico
Hello. I am having trouble with a Shaw 505. I would like to set it up for HD signal. However my tv does not recognize the signal from the dvi-hdmi cable and the component cable does not seem to work either... Not sure if it is a box or tv problem. I have been advised that in some devices you can only assign to one output mode and that it might be currently assigned to the regular RCA output... As this one does work.

Does someone know if this is the case? If so how do you reassign the output signal...

Thanks in advance
Imt

All outputs are always on with the 505/530 and the 630 (& will be with the 605)

If you have another tv, hook it up with the RF connection to see what you get.

Hello. I am having trouble with a Shaw 505. I would like to set it up for HD signal. However my tv does not recognize the signal from the dvi-hdmi cable and the component cable does not seem to work either... Not sure if it is a box or tv problem. I have been advised that in some devices you can only assign to one output mode and that it might be currently assigned to the regular RCA output... As this one does work.

Does someone know if this is the case? If so how do you reassign the output signal...

Thanks in advance
Imt

I also have the 505 HD, note that the box has a DVI output, and if your tv has HDMI it´s not the same thing, sounds like an adaptor is required.
The component output should work going to the componenet input in your tv, have you doubled check the connection ? Have you tried with the Video output and input on your TV? if you do so, what happens then ?

If you use the DVI option, you still need to hook up the audio too so make sure the TV's HDMI setup supports audio plugs too

My Pansasonic has 2 HDMI inputs and one allows audio below it for reasons like this. The other one does not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts