Shaw anikG1

Before spending more $ can G1 from shaw be received in central va 75E works fine on the others. Larger dish ? if so how large.

Checkout satbeams.com for Anik G1 footprint, maybe just mabye if you´re way up north in VA, you could get a signal.
The 75e works fine all the way down to Central America, for the Aniks, but G1´s footprint is pretty tight to Canada and just a small part of the Northern US.

I'm in Los Angels and have access to commercial satellite antennas at work. One day we moved a 1.8m Ku antenna to a different satellite. It's a manual Az/El mount and while we had to move it anyway, just to satisfy my own curiosity I peaked it on Anik F1R for a couple minutes to see if I could see any signal from G1 on the spectrum analyzer. I saw what looked like the tiniest bit of signal in the G1 frequencies; not anywhere near enough to lock a receiver. But something was there. Some day I'm going to sneak a motorized 5m dish onto F1R and look with that!

Bronx

I'm in Los Angels and have access to commercial satellite antennas at work. One day we moved a 1.8m Ku antenna to a different satellite. It's a manual Az/El mount and while we had to move it anyway, just to satisfy my own curiosity I peaked it on Anik F1R for a couple minutes to see if I could see any signal from G1 on the spectrum analyzer. I saw what looked like the tiniest bit of signal in the G1 frequencies; not anywhere near enough to lock a receiver. But something was there. Some day I'm going to sneak a motorized 5m dish onto F1R and look with that!

Bronx
I found it 600 is not happy with 3.9 db but some stronger transponders come in just for fun I put up 90pt single lnb it was better if I had more than DL with nets I would put up larger dish. I fixed my dis -net problem by changing over to classic line up distant nets are locked on . main programing on DISH...... thank you for info......

I can see Anik G1 in New Mexico on a 1.2 meter dish. Like you, no where near strong enough to lock. I think the S/N was around 3 or 4 dB, which was more than I expected. I could even see a bit of a signal on a 90 cm dish. Once I get the 8.5 ft. Birdview up, I'll take another look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)