Shaw Direct Barker Channels.

Slartibartfarst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
I recently picked up a used Shaw direct Receiver and Dish. I have aimed the 60e Dish, got good signal on both birds but as yet found no "free" channels.

I am more used to aiming and setting up bell systems and you can always watch ch 198 on these. Just wondered if there is an open Channel on SD.?

Note: Prior to being authorized (activated), your receiver will not be able to download the latest channel map, load the on-screen-guide or display channel 299 (the demo channel). This is normal. Prior to activation, you with only get a message similar to "Please wait a moment, we are processing your request" on the screen. You may be able to get the following channels (or not): Knowledge Network Ch. 354, BC Legislature Ch. 393, and Ontario Legislature Ch. 393

The above is a direct quote from Kusat's Self-Installation Web Pages. Notice they say you "may be able......or not". I guess the answer is, "it depends."

The barker channel, I belive you are referring to 299, is not viewable on an unauthorized receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)