Shaw Direct in the US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stuart Leishman

Original poster
Aug 15, 2019
North Vancouver BC
Hello, I understand that Shaw is making some channels available only in HD. I know when I travel below Washington State I do not get HD channels. As they make this switch does this mean I will not get any channels in California? I am not very technical but I believe they are switching from one satellite, which I can get in the US, to another satellite that I can only get in Canada or close to the border. Is this correct?
I appreciate any input.
Regards,
Stuart

Already discussed here.

Shaw Direct channel changes

You will get some but not the channels when the conversion is complete.
Thanks,
I looked at the attachment and I noticed a lot of the channels are showing as only HD. For instance BBC Canada. As I understand it if the Channel is only available in HD then we will not get it in the Southern states. Is that correct? As I said, I don't understand a lot of the technical side of the different satellites so thanks for bearing with me.

From the last threads I read, I understood that even some HD channels will be available on the older satellites,
which means that some HD channels will still be available in the "southern provinces"

Reactions: Stuart Leishman
Stuart the only channels you will not be able to receive when everything is complete this year are the ones crossed out in red. All the other channels whether they are Std Def or HD will be available south of the 49th. In fact some of the channels that are not listed as HD currently will be HD by the middle of September.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)