Shaw Direct in TN

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
I am just curious if it is possible to receive the Shaw Direct signal in northern central TN(specifically the HD signal). PM me with any further details if needed.

Last edited:
There is no problem with the signal anywhere in the Southeast region. Just use the larger 75E dish instead of the standard 60E dish. Most HD channels are on 111.1W but there are some HD channels on 1073.W as well so you will want a good signal for both satellites.

You do not need a special antenna to receive HDef. Both SDef and HDef will come in with the standard Shaw antenna, and, as stated above, the 75e is preferable to the 60e in southern states.

The HDef current receivers are the DSR-505 & DSR-530 (a PVR), with a promised update to the 530 receiver to come this fall, called the DSR-630. I have read where they are currently taking pre-orders for the 630, with a delivery of sometime in September.

If you're thinking of buying a 530, you might want to read posts on the Digital Home Forum regarding the numerous problems that users have experienced with this receiver, before making a purchase.

I presume you're familiar with the issues involved in obtaining Canadian service in the US......?

You do not need a special antenna to receive HDef. Both SDef and HDef will come in with the standard Shaw antenna, and, as stated above, the 75e is preferable to the 60e in southern states.

The HDef current receivers are the DSR-505 & DSR-530 (a PVR), with a promised update to the 530 receiver to come this fall, called the DSR-630. I have read where they are currently taking pre-orders for the 630, with a delivery of sometime in September.

If you're thinking of buying a 530, you might want to read posts on the Digital Home Forum regarding the numerous problems that users have experienced with this receiver, before making a purchase.

I presume you're familiar with the issues involved in obtaining Canadian service in the US......?

Ok, thanks guys for the info, and yes I am aware of the issues involved with getting the service in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)