Shaw Direct lnb and switch in Mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayrey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Villahermosa, Mexico
I am giving up on my 3 satellite Dish Network HD DVR system for southeast Mexico as I now only get 61.5 and 110 well and 119 has mostly vanished with the new E14. I have 2 x 1.8m and 1 x 2.4m antennas and want to re-aim to Anik F1R and Anik F2 at 107º and 111.1º with the two 1.8m antennas. I have bought 2 x Universal Linear lnbs with dual output (10.7-12.75 GHz) and an Eagle Aspen 5x4 switch with 0 and 22 KHz inputs. Will this lnb and switch combination work for running my DSR 530?

Thanks for anyone who can help!

As far as I know you can't use Universal LNB's, the only ones I know to work with SD are Lineal-Standard by JSC or other Lineal-Standard LNB 11.7 to 12 Ghz freq. I use a zinwell switch that works very well I suppose yours would work well too. I hope this info helps you. I'm not an expert but I got my SD working on my own at my home in Xalapa, Veracruz with 2 1.20 Antennas and I usually have 95% reception on both satellites, and in rainy days it doesn't go below 65%, even with heavy rain.

As far as I know you can't use Universal LNB's, the only ones I know to work with SD are Lineal-Standard by JSC or other Lineal-Standard LNB 11.7 to 12 Ghz freq.
correct-a-mundo

Universals wont work because they have a built in 22k switch to flip between the low and high band. You need STANDARD LNB's as noted above

Thanks, I will order some different lnbs and try again. I tried to connect one of the other lnbs direct to my 530 and had no luck trying to find either of the shaw birds. I understand that I need to point at the F1 and have the receiver on channel 299. I assume that I will do this directly without the switch connected so please correct me if I need to connect the switch before trying to find the satellites.

yes that will work

Once you get the dish aimed, plug the outputs of the LNB that you have aimed at 107.3 (AnikF1) to the 13v & 18v side of the multiswitch. The outputs from the 111.1 dish go to the 13v+22k & 18v+22k side

For Anik F2 you may use ch. 712, without the switch, and once you have locked both dishes to each bird, you may install the switch.

DJDish

712 was not available from the channels so i fished around with channels and signal meter and finally found a channel from F2. I got 96 on F1R with a 1.8 (6ft) and 99 on F2 with a 2.4m (8ft). I installed the switch and will rig up the 530 and subscribe in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)