Shaw Direct - Losing Anik F1 @ 107 on evenings

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
I´ve noted that the last couple of evenings I´m not getting signal (0 -3) from Anik F1 (107w), but at least last Friday I remember watching The Twilight Zone just fine on CHEK TV on Channel 7.
Haven´t noticed any problem with the signal in the afternoon on Ch 72 Vision TV and Ch 70 CTS.

Anyone having the same problem ? I´m south, south of the border in Central Mexico.

Hate missing tonight´s Mission Impossible on CHEK :(

DJ dish if its just at night does it get damp at your house at night and maybe the damp is getting into the wires?

We were losing F2 a couple weeks ago it turned out to be a bush that was getting onto the dish of course that wasn't just at night but we mostly noticed it at night b'cuz thats when we watch TV. :)

DJ dish if its just at night does it get damp at your house at night and maybe the damp is getting into the wires?

We were losing F2 a couple weeks ago it turned out to be a bush that was getting onto the dish of course that wasn't just at night but we mostly noticed it at night b'cuz thats when we watch TV. :)

Thanks I checked and it doesn´t seem to be any localized problem, I didn´t move anything.
I checked for signal and still nothing,
Then again I checked some time before 1 PM and just like that I get signal around 77-81, not bad since I usually had about 86 on Anik 1.
It seems odd that I have lost all signal during the evenings for the last couple of days, though, really dropping down to zero signal. :confused:

Well couple of weeks ago after tweaking the dish, I was fine again, but after rehooking everything I noticed that in the beginning, I was not getting Anik 1 at all, strange but then the signal was back up again, I suspected the 0/22Khz switch was doing something weird.

So a couple of weeks went by all fine, but in the last couple of days I noticed the same problem again, even though I had good numbers on the signal (strength and db) the picture was breaking up.

So I adjusted the dish, great signal numbers, hook everything up, and no signal at all from Anik 1.

Then I took one Ecoda switch from my supplies, and replaced the DMS International that I had hooked, and problem gone ¡¡¡¡

Update:

Well, everything seemed OK, but after a while the signal was breaking up, and after that I had no signal at all again on Anik 1,
after I took the box to the dish and hooked it directly, the signal was great high numbers, perfect picture.

mmmm so I´m wondering what could it be ¡¡¡
So I took the box to my tv set, everything hooked back up with the brand new Ecoda, and the picture is great,
even though numbers (strength and db) have decrease due to rain.

So far, I would think that the switch is not the problem,
The dish is well aligned and tweaked.
Connecting Anik 1 directly to the box is no problem,
When my setup is connected now through the brand new Ecoda Anik 2 has been no problem, actually Anik 2 has not
been a problem at all.

Any ideas :confused:

Last edited:
I am west of you in Colima State on the coast. No problems with Anik F1.

Thanks for the report,

Well, after my last update, I haven´t had any more problems, the brand new Ecoda is working fine,
I´m having good picture on Anik 1 even with rain and low numbers (about 53 strength and 5.3 db).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts