Shaw Direct set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also please confirm:
Shaw is currently broadcasting on two satellites: Anik F1/F1R (107W) and Anik F2 (111W).
Is it correct that sat G1 (107W) will be added ?
Is it correct that G1 will be out of range in the Southern US states?

Thanks !

p.s. what model of LNB and switch will I be needing ?

Last edited:
I am way South in Belize and need to use my own 6 foot offset dish.

I do not understand what type of LNB ? Ku yes ? linear, circular ?
would a regular Dish Legacy Lnb or a Directv lnb work ?
Why a quad switch if I just combine 2 satellites ?

I see you are in Belize farther south (and east) than I am, I read in another post you require a 1.8 meter dish to get a signal.
In my location I use 2 dishes, a 1.8 meter pointed at Anik F2 @ 111w and a 1.2 meter at Anik F1 @ 107w.
Even though I know (and I´ve done it) it´s possible to get both sats with just the 1.8 meter dish, adjusting both LNBs in a multi lnb bracket.
Shaw is scheduled to launch a G1 and the souther US will be out of footprint (actually most of the US).
This G1 I understand was scheduled to be launched by the end of this year or beginning of next one.

Linear LNBs are required, I have Standard Ku LNBs for each dish, connected with an Ecoda 0/22 khz switch (950-2150 Mhz)

so a standard linear lnb ?. . . like any old Directv or Dish Legacy ? not FSS ?

A standard lnb like those used for FTA, I use DMS International JSC321S, Directv and Dish used circular LNB´s, but most of the FTA satelites and Shaw Direct are linear.

ok, now I understand, thank you.
R/L means circular and V/H is linear

That brings me to another problem: I do have a punch of Lnbs around but non says R/L or H/V just the frequency is printed.
I know the Fortec Universal FSKU V2 I used to use for FTA and it should be linear.

Last edited:
ok, now I understand, thank you.
R/L means circular and V/H is linear

That brings me to another problem: I do have a punch of Lnbs around but non says R/L or H/V just the frequency is printed.
I know the Fortec Universal FSKU V2 I used to use for FTA and it should be linear.

Exactly, but the lnb´s don´t show H/V or such, most (if not practically all) of the LNB´s used for FTA are linear.

ok, now I completely understand.
Are there any real good linear LNBs on the market or should I just go with another Fortec ? I will need to purchase a second linear lnb anyhow.
thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, my questions are:
* Can I search for Shaw Direct signals with an offset dish, the Fortec lnb and a Lexium DBS7000 box ? (meaning not using a Shaw receiver)
* Any specific transponder I should use ?

Thanks

ok, now I completely understand.
Are there any real good linear LNBs on the market or should I just go with another Fortec ? I will need to purchase a second linear lnb anyhow.
thanks.

You may want to check AV Satellites and sadoun, they carry some good LNB´s

I also have an Invacom QPH-031 linear and circular. I guess that would work for Shaw as well.

Now a stupid question:
* for Shaw, would both work: offset and prime focus (same size = 6 foot, I am in Belize) using a the QPH-031 in linear ?
* * Can I search for Shaw Direct signals with the Invacom lnb and a Lexium DBS7000 box ? (meaning not using a Shaw receiver --just for searching (not viewing) to see signal strength)
* Any specific transponder I should use for the search ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I also have an Invacom QPH-031 linear and circular. I guess that would work for Shaw as well.

Now a stupid question:
* for Shaw, would both work: offset and prime focus (same size = 6 foot, I am in Belize) using a the QPH-031 in linear ?
* * Can I search for Shaw Direct signals with the Invacom lnb and a Lexium DBS7000 box ? (meaning not using a Shaw receiver --just for searching (not viewing) to see signal strength)
* Any specific transponder I should use for the search ?
Thanks.

Both offset and prime focus should work with Invacom. They do make ku lnb's designed for a prime focus dish. This should give you higher signal. I think SatAv sells them.

You can search for shaw signals using Fta box. For 111 west, use 11720V, 3269 freq, 5/6 FEC. Check the top of page for link to the"List" for other transponders.

If you are going for both satellites, not sure about your Fortec universal. Shaw uses 22 khz for switching satellites. The universal Lnb uses 22khz for high band, so this may interfere with sat switching. You would definitely have to use it for the 22khz sat. It seems to me I tried this once and had difficulty. Too long ago to remember exactly

Catamount

Last edited:
I will start searching for signal with an off-set dish, my Lexium DBS7000 and the QHP-031.
Any specific TP I should be using ?
Any other advise I might not know ?

I guess Anik F1R would be the satellite as it has some free channels (until I get a sub receiver)
Thanks, Wolfgang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)