Shaw Direct - Termination of PPV SD 2, 5 & 6 and Relocation of TCM, PBS Spokane & BIG 10 SD

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Some channel terminations and channel moves on Shaw Direct:

On Monday, May 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM ET, PPV 2, 5, and 6 will be discontinued from our line-up to allow for more signal capacity.

To prepare for the launch of additional signals and to permit efficient transponder traffic planning, Turner Classic Movies, PBS Spokane and Big 10 SD will be relocated. To ensure minimal disruption to our customers, a dual feed will be available as of February 22, 2011 at 12:00 PM ET and will end on March 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM ET, at which time all channels will be available only in their new location.

Attachments

• 2011_02_16_PPV_2_5_6_Termination.pdf
    55.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 2011_02_17_Channel_Relocation_TCM_PBS_BIG10.pdf
    54.6 KB · Views: 221
Some channel terminations and channel moves on Shaw Direct:

To prepare for the launch of additional signals and to permit efficient transponder traffic planning, Turner Classic Movies, PBS Spokane and Big 10 SD will be relocated.

I find this very interesting since we had just just discussed about the West locals on another thread. I find it very strange they're only moving PBS and not the others... I had posted another thread on another forum I belong to regarding the Spokane locals...just very ironic due to the fact I was told they had no plans on dropping Spokane since it was one their "most popular add-ons"...

Last edited:
Shaw will be keeping PBS Spokane on Shaw Direct after the fibre link from Spokane to Calgary for Shaw Cable is completed. At that time, the Spokane networks will be deleted and replaced by Canadian locals (as mandated by the CRTC).

Expect the rest of this shuffle is being made to make room for more Shaw Media HD feeds - eg) OWN, Global Vancouver

What don't you understand.?

The Toronto (Mississauga) office deals with one part of Canada, while the Montreal Office deals with another.

What is so interesting about that.?

FYI, the Area Code for Toronto is 416.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts