Shaw Direct update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

canucksam

Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
clermont fl.
When Shaw updated my dish at home my "vacation" dish was not available. My question is do I just need a new LNB or does the dish also have to be changed??
thanks

If you have a shaw dish at the vacation area, you would just need to switch out the lnb for the newer xku lnb. It is also possible with other dishes, depending on the type you have.

Catamount

I have a similar situation to the one noted above but our vacation dish is in the Phoenix area. I brought down a 60E xKU LNB but discovered that this dish is a 75E. I installed the 60E anyway and got quite a few stations but many others show "lost satellite signal". I am trying to determine if this is because of the xKU incompatibility or if it is because of the coverage area for the Anik G1 satellite. I saw one post indicating that the Anik G1 coverage area doesn't extend this far south. Does anyone know for sure whether it's the 60E LNB or the coverage area that's responsible for the missing channels? (Note: the receiver is a current DSR630)

I would say a bit of both. a 60E on a 75 dish will only give you the signal strength of a 60cm dish because of the smaller focal point, so some of the weaker channels will not come in for you as well as the ones one G1 will be missing too.
You could ask your dealer to exchange it for you before it gets weathered?? :) If not I can do it for you. Ship me that one with tracking and etransfer or paypal $25 I will ship you down a 75E Xku. or I can just sell you a 75. PM me if you like.
Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)