Shaw Direct with a TextPlus phone number and a UPS Store box?

Drew2K14

Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
Oregon
Hi everyone. I have some Shaw Direct equipment that I originally bought and had brokered from a certain Quebecois company that I'm sure people here know. I originally had service with them for a year and then had to cancel. Then about 6 months later I called them back up and reactivated my service and only ended up keeping it for two months. Now I feel that the broker may be frustrated with me and wouldn't be so willing to restore my service. So here's my question. I have a BC phone number on the TextPlus app and I am planning a vacation to BC in the near future. Would it be possible for me to sign up for a private mailbox while I'm there (like through the UPS store) that looks like a street address with an apartment number and use that and my TextPlus phone number to sign up for Shaw? I could use mail forwarding to get my first bill then turn on paperless billing and get rid of the mailbox. Would that work or do they research addresses to see if it is a true residential address? Would they see that the address I give them belongs to the UPS store and go "well, that's your mailing address but we also need the address where your service is set up."? Also, I can make and receive calls through TextPlus but it is sometimes unreliable for receiving calls. Does Shaw ever randomly call for anything beside late payments?

I know what broker you´re talking about, now here´s a thought why don´t you try them again, before you get into all the hustle of the mailbox, etc. ?
On that option, IMO I don´t believe Shaw is into the job of auditing and doing physical inspection of service addresses, but let´s see if someone has experiences indicating otherwise.

The fee that you pay the broker several time a year entitles you to makes as many changes as you want to your account. I'd use them until they tell you otherwise.

When you are in BC look for a trailer park, find the last unit number in there. Say it is 351- 9300 main st, give them say
401-9300 main st. You now have a physical address, stay on paperless billing, no Broker to worry about, sit back an Enjoy. Works very well :)

Shaw does not check physical addresses. I do not have a real one. I use paperless billing and Skype for any calls to Shaw. BUT I do have a Canadian bank for automatic withdrawals to Shaw. Been doing this for 10 years.

Sorry for the very late reply, but thanks for all the responses. My situation has changed in that now I have a Canadian bank account and a very cheap mail forwarding service. I know you guys said I don't need a real address, but this service is dirt cheap and I can use it for my bank account too, so I don't have the weird situation of having a Canadian debit card that can't pass AVS for Canada-only things because it has a US billing address.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sorry for the very late reply, but thanks for all the responses. My situation has changed in that now I have a Canadian bank account and a very cheap mail forwarding service. I know you guys said I don't need a real address, but this service is dirt cheap and I can use it for my bank account too, so I don't have the weird situation of having a Canadian debit card that can't pass AVS for Canada-only things because it has a US billing address.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sounds like you don´t have anything to worry about (regarding the questions you made in the other post).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts