Shaw service to Mexico not good

sgmex

Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
Sayre, Pa
I recently arrived back in Mexico. Yucatan Peninsula, Tulum area. I can now only get one satellite. F2.
I spoke to several of my neighbors and the "local" tech and they all are complaining about losing a lot of channels.
The tech guy said that is all we can get here anymore.

I guess that sounds about right,

I myself cancelled my subscription about a couple of years ago.

Many channels from F1 and F2 were moved over to the new (now not so new) satellite G1, which does not reach Mexico or most of the US.

I recently arrived back in Mexico. Yucatan Peninsula, Tulum area. I can now only get one satellite. F2.
I spoke to several of my neighbors and the "local" tech and they all are complaining about losing a lot of channels.
The tech guy said that is all we can get here anymore.

I guess you need to check your satellite dish configuration, Are you using XKU LNB ? It's true that not all channels can be received down in Mexico but many are available including networks, sports and movies. Another recomendation is to use 90cm dish one for each satellite, this will work with SW21 and LNBs are availables also on eBay, the best is 1.10m or more on the satellite dish size to prevent channel loss.

Remember Quad old LNB on 75 eliptic dish maybe don't work, you'll need XKU LNB while migration to G1 was finished.

Regards

Most has gone to 111. Meaning, those in Mexico will only need a standard, not universal, LNBF to receive serve from the one location. You don't even need the new LNB.

Which channels were on F2 are you looking for? When the HD change was made, many went to F2. So, for those who are in Mexico, you should be better off with just one satellite with most of the programming on it.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco and QCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts