ShawDirect missing tuner

rmpaling

Original poster
Jan 7, 2023
Ontario
I have a shawdirect dish I set up on a tripod for my rv. When I tune in the satellite I get a strong signal on channel 700. 88% it says on the system status screen that there is “No 2nd Tuner”. Does this mean that I am only locked in on one satellite. I’m only getting about half the channels. How do I fix this. Any help would be appreciated

I have a shawdirect dish I set up on a tripod for my rv. When I tune in the satellite I get a strong signal on channel 700. 88% it says on the system status screen that there is “No 2nd Tuner”. Does this mean that I am only locked in on one satellite. I’m only getting about half the channels. How do I fix this. Any help would be appreciated
What model do you have?

Some questions to start. Where are you currently located? What size dish are you using? Have you adjusted the skew for your location?

Otherwise use 405 to peak the dish, you are obviously close but need a bit of adjustment. 700 and 404 are on F2, which is currently giving stronger quality strength than G1, so use it (405) to peak the dish.

Reactions: stecle
I have a 75 cm dish. I have determined the skew and elevation and adjusted them accordingly. When I tune to any channel on G1 satellite, the signal strength is 34%. When I adjust the azimuth the signal strength does not change at all. It remains at 34%. When I switch to a channel on F2, the signal strength is 91%. When I adjust the azimuth on F2 the signal strength goes to zero as it should. Do I need to refresh the receiver while set to G1? Suggestions