Shipping Labels

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Has anyone ever tried to ship receivers back to Dish and see if you can get shipping cheaper then the $15.00 labels? I also think it's funny how when I cancel before you'd get one box for two receivers now magically they add that fee to where you have to pay to return the receivers and now they have to give you two boxes. So now instead of pay $15.00 to return them I have to pay $30.00.

Last edited:
Unless you live in the same state or neighboring state to where you have to ship the receiver and you add "Delivery Confirmation" and "Insurance" charges, it is not going to be cheaper than $15. Get the weight and dimensions of the box and go to ups.com or fedex.com and you can find out exactly the charges. Don't even bother with USPS, with the weight and size of the receiver, USPS will be much more expensive.

Another trick is, you cancel all receivers but one before you cancel you service then the return of those receivers is free, this way you have to pay only for one box to return. I am also wondering, what would happen if you tape two boxes together and use one label, UPS or Fedex would not care.

Last edited:
The only problem I'd see if usually they have the weight already on the label. So that might throw a red flag. So I'm guessing the $30.00 is probably still cheaper then trying to return them without using the label.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts