Sling Adapter in "Record mode"

DocPit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Midwest
For some reason, our Sling Adapter will no longer let us watch live TV. It only will record. Any idea why? The 722k works fine; i.e., shows live TV.

Can you clarify what's happening? When you're on a computer (and DRA/dishonline), select a show, then choose "watch on web", what exactly happens?

The sling adapter simply takes over the TV2 feed from the receiver

We log in, go to Dish Remote Access, select a show in the current time range, but we only get a Record option; we don't get a Watch on Web option.

For some reason, our Sling Adapter will no longer let us watch live TV. It only will record. Any idea why? The 722k works fine; i.e., shows live TV.

Are you trying to watch a Dish feed or an ota feed? If ota, you can't do that since you are using TV2 tuner. You will see ota channels but you can only record them. But after you start the recording, you can use the dvr function to play them back after a few seconds.

It sounds like DRA isn't reading the 722 as online, or it is not reading the sling adapter. Reset the receiver, and the network connection in the receiver (menu-6-1-9 I believe) as well to make sure that an IP address is showing up.

No, the problem is that when you go online you're selecting Dish Remote Access which gives you access to set your DVR through the internet connection, unrelated to the Sling Adapter. Once you have logged in, there is a tab that says Dish Online which will give you access through the Sling Adapter

DRA (from dish.com) and Dishonline.com should both give access to the sling adapter (give option to "watch on web")

Last time I tried it didn't work so I wasn't sure if it was supposed to or not. Since it no longer let's me access it through the mobility tablet, I don't really have anywhere to watch but at my tv :/

What happens when you try to connect with your tablet?

DRA was removed from dish.com today, so all slinging will be moved over to dishonline.com (mobile devices should not be affected by this change)

dwarren2,

I was able to log into 2 different accounts here, my personal account and our business account. My personal account I was able to view Live TV and my DVR recordings. I was also able to view Live TV on our business account. I don't have any recordings on the 922 for me to check. Do you have an IP address on your receiver? Does it show connected on the Setup screen? If this persists, please PM your receiver and smart card numbers to me so I can open a ticket to see exactly what is happening with your connection. Please let me know. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)