Shipping Receiver to Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

roadrhino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hi all,

I've decided to Ebay an old 301. I've indicated that I am willing to ship to US buyers. A Canadian asked whether I would be willing to ship to him in Canada if he prepaid the UPS charges.

My question is ... "Would I be violating any laws if I were to ship a 301 into Canada ... even if shipping is paid for by the recipient?"

I honestly have no idea about whether this is legal, but it sounds sort of hinky to me ... I seem to remember reading something about how Canadian customs would confiscate any such devices.

Thoughts?

Roadrhino...

I sold my 4700 to a Canadian buyer. He just had me indicate a USD value of $10.00 and make sure the term "Used Receiver" was on the shipping label. Make sure you check with UPS for the required paperwork.

NightRyder

LER said:
I'm not sure what E* would think, as they are not, to my knowledge, licensed to operate in Canada.
Reception of Directv and DISH signals is illegal in Canada. There are a lot of receivers there(I guess they are on vacation) see if you can sell it to an American address.

I'm sure E* wouldn't like it - but it's the buyer's problem to get it activated as long as you're selling him a 'clear' receiver & card.

It happens all the time. Free markets rule!

SimpleSimon said:
I'm sure E* wouldn't like it - but it's the buyer's problem to get it activated as long as you're selling him a 'clear' receiver & card.

It happens all the time. Free markets rule!
Most Echostar manufactured receivers in Canada are not activated with either Dish or Expressvu

I appreciate the input. So far it looks like the buyer will be either an American or a Canadian with an American address. The individual who posed the original question doesn't seem interested anymore.

Thanks and all the best...

Roadrhino