Shocking: DIRECTV vs Comcast vs OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmcafee

Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
oregon
To say that DIRECTV has exceeded my expectations is a gross understatement.

Switched from Comcast (Portland) to DIRECTV a month ago (kept both for a while to A-B). The HD quality of DIRECTV compared to Comcast proved immensely superior across all channels. It is not perfect as there can be some blocking on moving scenes (could be the source), but the depth and richness of the color and spacial resolution is nothing short of spectacular.

Taking the evaluation (and my skepticism) one step further, I bought the AM21 OTA tuner. There is not a material difference in HD quality between the OTA locals and the satellite version. In my market, the OTA tuner is completely unnecessary if there is no requirement for the sub-channels.

I regret the years I was skeptical of the bandwidth that could be delivered by DBS. I'm now 100% sold.

jmcafee said:
To say that DIRECTV has exceeded my expectations is a gross understatement.

Switched from Comcast (Portland) to DIRECTV a month ago (kept both for a while to A-B). The HD quality of DIRECTV compared to Comcast proved immensely superior across all channels. It is not perfect as there can be some blocking on moving scenes (could be the source), but the depth and richness of the color and spacial resolution is nothing short of spectacular.

Taking the evaluation (and my skepticism) one step further, I bought the AM21 OTA tuner. There is not a material difference in HD quality between the OTA locals and the satellite version. In my market, the OTA tuner is completely unnecessary if there is no requirement for the sub-channels.

I regret the years I was skeptical of the bandwidth that could be delivered by DBS. I'm now 100% sold.

Welcome to SatGuys ... like you, I switched months ago and cannot believe I waited so long.

If you like intuitive guides, a great HD lineup, sports, excellent customer service, a top notch DVR multi room system, great On Demand movies, etc., etc. then in my opinion there is no other choice anymore!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)