Should a 311 receiver loose authorization when it is powered off?

chicobiker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
We have a 311 that we use in our RV. It is often disconnected from power for as much as two to three months. I moved it into the house last month for use with a second TV as we weren't planning on using the RV. It works fine in the house and always powered. Last week I unplugged the receiver from AC and left it for ten days. When I reconnected power sure enough it had lost authorization again. Is there a memory "keep-alive" button cell in these receivers that can go bad or is this just how it is when your receiver is disconnected from power for any length of time?

From dealing with the same thing Dish says after a few days it will lose authorization. We had a 311 unplugged for a week and it lost authorization. Its something with the new purple cards that do it

Dish gave me this "the new cards lose authorization if not plugged in all the time" line when we did a remodel of the garage and unplugged it for a week.

The old yellow cards we didnt have that issue.....so it sounds like Dish is cracking down security wise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts