Should I get 4K Joeys instead of 2.0's?

So I got my "4k" setup Sunday.. Started the adventure withe my 2 hopper v1 + 2 joey v1 setup (wrangled out of them to get me back after trying sucky u-verse) So for the 4th time in 12m my 2nd hopper dies. call support ask for super. but why?? Explain 8 hour chating, 3 week, 3 box nightmare the 1st this happened, sorry.. bam.. new hopper v1 shipped..

All good, but wait what is this "hopper 3" thou speaketh of?? Heck I didn't know there was a hopper 2? So call sales, support is sending me my 4th pos hopper 1, I don't want another referb boat anchor tell me about the "best box ever". Yada.. yada.. best ever.. mkay.. lets do it..

WWWAAAIIITTT.. 1 hopper 3 joeys? Hmmm.. I had to pry my 2 hopper, 2 joey setup out of your cold dead hands, I want the same setup! No need the 16 tuner hopper is far superior, well can I speak to a super to confirm my upgrade is not a downgrade, "super will tell you the same"

So I agree, ok that'll be

$95 install..

Oh no you didnt!! Since the only reason I'm even talking 2 you is your craptacular box keeps dying, if you need to send a tech to get your snit to work right, that's your problem..

$95 fee waived..

Ok 2 days on a Sunday, good start.. Okay hopper 3 check, joey?? Hmm 3 "joey 2's" Who dat? Whadda you mean my new "4K" setup is really a One 4K + 3/1080 setup?? Grrrr... No one asked how many 4K tv's I had, no mention of "joey 2" never heard the term until I see the tech installing them, so Mr. tech what's the diff 4K vs joey 2? I just assumed my "4K" setup was all 4K? Uhh.. I just work here, they won't even give me a hopper 3 yet so your ??? = duhhhh...

Ok, lets see my new "upgrade" ok hopper 3.. mehhh.. Seems "ok" if you ignore the the ui designer being on crack..

Ok.. Settings.. people like settings.. mmm.. no settings button.. not a good start..

Home Tab
Up
Left
Enter
Down
Down
Left
Enter

And thar she blows!!! 1 key press into 8 now there's an "upgrade"

Ok tabs, home tab, lets go to Netflix, it's just over the hill, only one tab to the left, so 1 key press?

Left.. nothing
Left.. I said NO!
Ok
Home tab
Up
Left
Enter
Right
Right
Right
Right
Right
Enter
Brilliant design, just brilliant...

Ok channel up/down you can't screw that up can you?
YES WE CAN!!!
Ok lets add channel up/down, and lets put in the "carpel tunnel" position and now lets do my FAVORITE jack-hole design move.. Lets take YEARS of muscle memory that had up/down in the 4-way nav button and make the up/down do NOTHING.. YES NOTHING..

[RANT]
UNASSIGNED TOP LEVEL REMOTE BUTTONS!!!!
At least you don't give a DOINK like DTV But what moron said lets make 12.5% (4/32) of the top level buttons NON-FUNCTIONAL AAARRRRRGGGGGGG.....[/RANT]

Ok "joey 2" NO PIP EVER..
Mini-guide NON-FUNCTIONAL (the bottom channel nav. bar)

Sales.. Not happy, no one ever said "joey 2" no one said 4K/1080, I want the all "4K" setup I thought I was agreeing to in exchange for my 2 year/autopay commit. Aurgue.. Counter.. rinse.. repeat..Ok joey 4K? No problem..

$50 fee..

PROBLEM. I want the "4K system" I thought we had agreed to, not the 4K/1080 system that was never mentioned, and in my best "people's court" voice if it was not mentioned then we had no "meeting of the minds" and thus no contract.. So I want my 4k or come get your snit..

$50 fee waived..

Well, how about we waive $50 and give u 1 4k joey? Well, ok.. 3 and I would be in the haggle hall of fame, 1 was my target.. Ok $50 waived.. no problem that'll just be..

$95 for the install..

PROBLEM.. Are you serious!!! Have you not figured out in the last `1/2 hour who your dealing with.. These are not fees you are looking for..

$95 waived..

to be continued...

Holy crap man! Would it hurt to do a little research before you get something new? If you would have done some research you would've been on here before you upgraded and know exactly what to so. You would also find out that you can use your old 40.0 remote from your Hopper 1 and use all those one button presses you are whining about not having. You would have heard that there was a Hopper 2 as well.

Do yourself a favor and hang around here for a while, you'll learn a lot.

Holy crap man! Would it hurt to do a little research before you get something new? If you would have done some research you would've been on here before you upgraded and know exactly what to so. You would also find out that you can use your old 40.0 remote from your Hopper 1 and use all those one button presses you are whining about not having. You would have heard that there was a Hopper 2 as well.

Do yourself a favor and hang around here for a while, you'll learn a lot.
Well Exxcuuuseee me.. My box breaks, support makes NO MENTION that new boxes are available, so I call sales Friday night to see what's up and end up upgrading during the call, then Sunday at 1pm my new boxes are installed. Sorry I did not take my 20 or so waking hours since I became aware of the hopper 3 to become an expert in its nuances to a level that satisfies your demanding expectations.

Some of us just wanna watch some f'ing tv and think it's the company that I pay a $130 dollars a month that should be the experts at making that happen as transparently as possible. And every second I spend dealing with this is a failure on their part not mine. So I"ll make you a deal, for every hour I spend dealing with dish support you spend an hour learning proper manners, pm after 8 hour with Miss Manners and we'll be even..

Also as far as "research" goes, looking at the press/promo material and you would not see the actual remote or joey's they are planning on pawning off to you. To get the setup inferred by the promo's (1 hopper 3, 3 joey 4K's and 4 voice remotes) so for your "free upgrade" to look like the one in the promo's would cost you "retail"

Joey 4K's 3x$50
Voice Remotes 4x$40 (if they were avail. I could not even get a guesstimate)
Install $95
Total: $405

Well Exxcuuuseee me.. My box breaks, support makes NO MENTION that new boxes are available, so I call sales Friday night to see what's up and end up upgrading during the call, then Sunday at 1pm my new boxes are installed. Sorry I did not take my 20 or so waking hours since I became aware of the hopper 3 to become an expert in its nuances to a level that satisfies your demanding expectations.

Some of us just wanna watch some f'ing tv and think it's the company that I pay a $130 dollars a month that should be the experts at making that happen as transparently as possible. And every second I spend dealing with this is a failure on their part not mine. So I"ll make you a deal, for every hour I spend dealing with dish support you spend an hour learning proper manners, pm after 8 hour with Miss Manners and we'll be even..

You have been a member here for a total of 6 hours and your first post is a rant which makes little, if any sense, and then you get huffy with a long time member, that actually tries to help other members, having the audacity to suggest that you might actually want to do a bit of research before jumping into something and then complaining endlessly about it? Nice way to start off...

What a surprise a internet forum full of obnoxious, rude, inhospitable "people". I related my experience about the upgrade process, what I received, what I paid, and what I thought about its operation. Yes, I included a "rant" about obviously poor design decisions.

I thought it would help others as what to expect, where you can push back and get fees waived etc. and the only input I get is complacently WORTHLESS comments about how it was MY FAULT that Dish uses deceptive marketing practices and comes no where near meeting its legal obligation to inform it's customers as to EXACTLY what they are receiving in exchange for a 2 year commitment.

You suggest I should have done more research, yeah reading a post just like the one I made, now that would have been helpful, so tell me what exactly all of your "boohoo may vag is so sore" posts contribute to the discussion?

You set up an account on here just to rant to people who like to help each other. I'm sorry but I believe you are the one lacking manners. If you have complaints take it up with Dish. We're here to help and if you would have looked online about your problems in the first place you may have saved yourself hours of aggravation and probably some money.

I have plenty of manners. I'm sorry that I expect people to do their own research before purchasing anything or signing a contract. To me it's just common sense. But if you want to believe what any company tells you blindly then please don't get upset when things don't go right.

You have been a member here for a total of 6 hours and your first post is a rant which makes little, if any sense, .

Just cause it was easier to click login in with facebook than dig up my password from

Does that give me sanctimonious seniority??

What a surprise a internet forum full of obnoxious, rude, inhospitable "people". I related my experience about the upgrade process, what I received, what I paid, and what I thought about its operation. Yes, I included a "rant" about obviously poor design decisions.

I thought it would help others as what to expect, where you can push back and get fees waived etc. and the only input I get is complacently WORTHLESS comments about how it was MY FAULT that Dish uses deceptive marketing practices and comes no where near meeting its legal obligation to inform it's customers as to EXACTLY what they are receiving in exchange for a 2 year commitment.

You suggest I should have done more research, yeah reading a post just like the one I made, now that would have been helpful, so tell me what exactly all of your "boohoo may vag is so sore" posts contribute to the discussion?

Are you here just to complain and be rude or would you actually like to be helpful. There are better ways to go about it if you are actually trying to be helpful.

If you are actually trying to help others then I suggest you post something a little more readable and informative.

I never tried to come off as rude but instead was suggesting that you could have saved yourself a lot of time and aggravation of you would have done a quick search online before calling Dish. Could have taken you 10 minutes which I'm sure would've been shorter than the phone call you had with Dish.

In fact you probably would have solved your problem on here before even talking to Dish and learned a great deal about their new equipment, maybe even make some friends. Instead you just irked a lot of members here.

Reactions: xfoneguy
If you are actually trying to help others then I suggest you post something a little more readable and informative.

Sorry, there are at least 3 people making comments, so it's tough not to feel defensive, and making distinctions about who said what mean thing is not on my to do list. Honestly, read the first post, is there anything off topic, in violation of the tos etc. something that would really justify a slap down from the community?

And btw I TRIED to make it readable and entertaining, obviously you did not enjoy my "colorful" writing style, but that's really not my problem, if you want changes we can work something out, but be aware only paying $$$ customers get editorial oversight..

Sorry, there are at least 3 people making comments, so it's tough not to feel defensive, and making distinctions about who said what mean thing is not on my to do list. Honestly, read the first post, is there anything off topic, in violation of the tos etc. something that would really justify a slap down from the community?

And btw I TRIED to make it readable and entertaining, obviously you did not enjoy my "colorful" writing style, but that's really not my problem, if you want changes we can work something out, but be aware only paying $$$ customers get editorial oversight..

I think it's just you delivery. You just come off as rude. Maybe I'm wrong.

So if I have 1 hopper 3, and 3 Joey 2's and I want to upgrade one of the Joey 2's to a Joey 4k, do they have to come and install it, or can they just send it to me and I send them the joey 2 back?

It's considered an upgrade and will require a tech to come out and install it along with renewing a 24 month commitment.

Wow seems silly since I just upgraded and recommitted the 1st of Feb...

It's possible you may be able to change your equipment within 30 days. You should contact DIRT and see what they say. I have always told my customers to make sure you know what you want right away because any equipment changes you want to make later will cost money and require signing a new contract. Any upgrade in equipment is suppose to require an install and renewal of contract unless you purchase and install it yourself.

If they didn't have this rule then people would be swapping out equipment all the time and Dish would lose a lot of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)