Should I get an Iphone?

Should I get a company phone (AT&T)?

• Yes, Get a Iphone

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Yes, But don't get an Iphone

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, Just keep your Sprint Sero Plan cause the Mogul is the greatest phone ever.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would agree if you had to send a billion texts a day. If you are only a small texter (5-10 a day) it is not bad. Everything is a compromise. The real strength of the iPhone is that it does most things fairly well. In fact it does so many things so well that it bubbles to the top in all around usefullness, but it does not really win in any category.
5 to 10 a day is a small texter? 5 to 10 a day is a compulsive texter. A small texter is one that may text about 5 to 10 times a month, like myself.

I don't see how you guys do it with those onscreen keyboards... I text quite a bit and I just can't bring myself to go backwards and get a phone without a keyboard. I know lots of people say the onscreen keyboard and correcting thingy is great, but I'm sorry you just can't knock an onscreen keyboard. Imagine if you took the keyboard off your laptop and put it on the screen instead. Same exact feeling I have when I toy around with others phones, including the iphone.
I thought the same at first, but I have actually found it very easy to use.

5 to 10 a day is a small texter? 5 to 10 a day is a compulsive texter. A small texter is one that may text about 5 to 10 times a month, like myself.

I run anywhere from 600-800 typically a month (sent/received). I'm usually doing other things and don't look at my phone while typing, can't do that with an onscreen keyboard. No where near my kid on texts though....she hit 12,000 one month during the summer on her Q9c. ;)

I run anywhere from 600-800 typically a month (sent/received). I'm usually doing other things and don't look at my phone while typing, can't do that with an onscreen keyboard. No where near my kid on texts though....she hit 12,000 one month during the summer on her Q9c. ;)
Damn...

I have never seen the point of texting. Why not just call the person? It is much easier, much quicker, and much clearer.

Damn...

I have never seen the point of texting. Why not just call the person? It is much easier, much quicker, and much clearer.

I used to think the same thing until I started doing it. I love being in a meeting and just being able to send a text to ask somebody outside a quick question or to ask for help with something. Much nicer than having to leave the meeting to make a quick call.

I used to think the same thing until I started doing it. I love being in a meeting and just being able to send a text to ask somebody outside a quick question or to ask for help with something. Much nicer than having to leave the meeting to make a quick call.
I seldom do meetings, and when I do any phone activity can wait.

Sometimes you can't just call the person due to work etc... I work in an office building so it's easier to just text, IM, or email without others snooping in from the next cubicle over.

I hate to talk on the phone...people feel like they have to talk and talk, and they never say a damn word. Just get to the point, say what is needed, and hang up the phone. So instead a quick little message is so much quicker and easier. I was the same way about texting until I got a phone with a keyboard, the value of texting is priceless.

Sometimes you can't just call the person due to work etc... I work in an office building so it's easier to just text, IM, or email without others snooping in from the next cubicle over.

I hate to talk on the phone...people feel like they have to talk and talk, and they never say a damn word. Just get to the point, say what is needed, and hang up the phone. So instead a quick little message is so much quicker and easier. I was the same way about texting until I got a phone with a keyboard, the value of texting is priceless.
Don't get me wrong, I hate talking on the phone as well. I have caller ID on my land line so I can avoid talking as much as possible. I just hate texting even more. The main use of my phone is the internet, e-mail, and certain apps (like the MLB app).

If Version offered Iphone, I would get it in heartbeat.
There are reason many reasons why Iphone is so popular.

Eventually, I'm sure Verizon will have some iPhone variant. I just don't think it will be as soon as next year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5KatOeMpc]YouTube - 13-year-old daughter sent 14,528 text messages in one month[/ame]

Is this your kid? Who sent 14,528 text messages. Thank goodness for unlimited plan. :eek:

My wife used to swear by the Blackberry (even latest models). She resisted the IPhone for over 18 months. However, when she finally got sick of the Blackberry (due to constant breakdowns) and decided to switch to IPhone (3GS), she was pleasantly surprised. She just loves the iphone now. She likes the applications feature, and the ease of use.

I used to never send texts. Then I got the iPhone. Texting is very useful. A lot of times you know that the party you want to communicate with is tied up. You can send a text rather than bother them with a phone call and they can text back when they have time. I prefer to get texts a lot of times now rather than a phone call.

I guess my problem is that I feel obligated to answer the phone. I am not one to just let it ring to voicemail. I am pretty restrictive on who has my number, so I rarely get a random call.

At first I had trouble with the iPhone keyboard, but really after a very short time I can go pretty fast on it. But, I definitely have to look at it to type on it, not something I could do blindly.

After 3.5 years with a Treo 650,I finally surrendered and got an IPhone.. I wanted the Palm Pre as I have always preferred the keyboard, the swappable batteries that the Palm Treos had, but didn't want the Windows Mobile OS that is awful (my wife had a Blackjack that drove her batty)

My company has an account with AT&T so I had to stay there. Since all the Palsm are gone from their retail stores, I figured that relationship was dead so I finally gave up waiting. I got the the 3G model and not the 3Gs as it was only $100. The only thing I hear I missed was the video camera, and a screen that is more resistant to the finger grease that seems to build up on the screen.

The Pros:
Apps. My God, how did I live without them. Pandora, SlingPlayer, Scrabble, USA Today, Wall St. Journal, USAA (you can even take pictures of your checks and deposit them in your account with the photo??!!??), BestBuy, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google (with voice search - talk into the mic and pulls up the search results - 90% reliable- things with initials such as B,D,and T trip it up as they are similar sounding), even Yahoo Fantasy Football with live scoring updates....

Web access - much faster than the aptly named EDGE access that made AOL Dial Up seem fast with the 3G. HTML fully viewable. And they have cut and paste now as well as MMS messages.

Better bluetooth interoperability than my Treo.

ITunes (although I use my Zune more... stop snickering..... $14 a month buys me all I can eat music purchases - a godsend for my eclectic side - 10 a month are DRM free to boot so they stay owned by you when you cancel AND can play in any other device)

Visual Voicemail - Look at all your voicemails and select which one to play back.

Keyboard takes some getting used to, but I fly with it now (I recommend typing with it sideways - less mistyping that way with my big fingers)

I have a GPS in my car, but many can use the IPhone as a GPS with software that is expensive at $99, but cheaper than a dedicated unit.

Access plan costs have come down... They are only $30 for all you can eat now.

Cons:

AT&T's network not as good as Verizon. Many dropped calls.

No swappable battery. I had three Treo batteries and this one hurt the most. I have to constantly be charging the thing... especially when using the Slingplayer. I miss swapping batteries like gun clips.

Apple's mercurial attitude towards the Apps, and their insistence on soaking you every step of the way. You can't make a ringtone out of your DRM free music.... You have to buy it off ITunes first. etc.

No insurance available from AT &T. You can buy an Apple plan for $60 that will cover it for one year, but there are tons of exclusions. If you submerge it in a puddle, you are SOL. Just make sure you take it to an Apple store a week before it expires and tell them the battery is not holding a charge. Anything less than 50% of the time you had when you first bought it and you quailify for a battery replacement. I don't know if they give people trouble swapping them out, or if they do it no questions asked. We'll see.

AT&T's network not as good as Verizon. Many dropped calls.

Agreed, I am always dropping calls even when I have 5 bars on 3G.

No swappable battery. I had three Treo batteries and this one hurt the most. I have to constantly be charging the thing... especially when using the Slingplayer. I miss swapping batteries like gun clips.
Get an Incase or Mophie, I have both (I like the incase better as it fits the entire phone instead of just being a holster like the Mophie.