Should I get an Iphone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Should I get a company phone (AT&T)?

• Yes, Get a Iphone

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Yes, But don't get an Iphone

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, Just keep your Sprint Sero Plan cause the Mogul is the greatest phone ever.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed, I am always dropping calls even when I have 5 bars on 3G.

Get an Incase or Mophie, I have both (I like the incase better as it fits the entire phone instead of just being a holster like the Mophie.

My son uses the IGo which can charge an IPod or IPhone with a device that plugs into the bottom and recharges off of 2 AA batteries (useful for those Boy Scout trips)

I haven't heard of the Incase or Mophie... what are they and how do they work? I know I could probably find that out online somewhere, but I wanted real world experience from you guys and not marketing speak...

The Incase Power Slider is like a case for your phone that also has a built in battery which doubles the life of your iPhone battery. Your iPhone charges itself from the incase battery as needed. It is $79

The Mophie was the first external battery pack for the iPhone it cost $99 and slid on your iPhone like a holster. it does not protect your iphone fully like the incase one does. Its battery acts just like the incase one aand charges your iphone battery when it needs it.

On both of them (I have owned both and now use the incase as it looks better and protects the phone) I can get two to 3 days use on my phone, without them my battery would be in the red zone at about 4 in the afternoon.

I wouldnt be without one of these battery units. :)

There shouldn't be handoffs when I am standing still and have 5 bars 3G. It happens ALL the time!

Its not uncommon for my business partner to have dropped calls at work and its rare for me to have them. I have a Bold and he has an iPhone, and i have yet to have any long conversation with him without it going weird or dropping.

I made it only a couple weeks with the iPhone, thankfully the Bold came out and i switched. Dropped my first iPhone and the screen smashed like a bullet went through it, but since then the Bold has been dropped countless times on the warehouse floor or in server rooms with the only damage now being a scratch on the screen.

I can go a couple days between charges, i can go all week when i use my casemate external holder/battery charger, it has a great GPS built in, plenty of apps available, complete sync with my Exchange mailbox (and imap from 3 other accounts) and most importantly a keyboard!!! I can end up sending a hundred emails from that thing and without the keyboard it was a nightmare.

iPhone is nice, great advance and super user friendly, works well with Microsoft exchange (if you don't mind the inherent delays), but just isnt the right device for what i do. Really i am glad i had one when i didn't have to pay for it, so i know it doesn't work for me, but to each his own.

(To be fair i only made it 12 hours when i decided to try a recent Windows mobile device, before i boxed it up and gave it to somebody else).

I kind of started one unofficially on another thread, but I agree that an official thread would be useful.... Ditto for one for the Blackberry and Pre folks (Does any other phones uses apps like these three?)

(scratchy intercom voice in airport echoes)

Paging Mr. Sticky. White Courtesy IPhone. Paging Mr. Sticky. White Courtesy IPhone.

Just a quick thanks to everuone for your input. I talked to Sprint to see how much a disconnect would cost me and I talked to the person at my company who handles the cell Phones.

Hopefully there's an Iphone on its way to me by now.

Thanks again for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)