Should i get HDMI???

I initially stayed away from Blu-Ray because of the battle with HDDVD. Once that was over, I waited for prices to come down and they are starting to (~$299). Now I find that my 1080i HD tv will not support 1080p input, so I guess I will wait until I get a 1080p tv -- which I hope will be not be for several years!

yeah, but Blu-ray still looks amazing in 1080i, so you really don't have to have a 1080p TV for Blu-ray. It can be 720p or 1080i and still look really good.

"...you'll want to run an optical cable from your Dish to your stereo receiver for the sound,..."

No. Optical cable is limited to 5.1, and maybe not even as high a bitrate 5.1 as available elsewhere.
My point here was that if your stereo receiver does not have HDMI, then you're going to have to run the HDMI cable to the TV. Your options for sound are either to use the optical out on the Dish DVR, or the digital output from the TV. Since many TV's do not actually pass through even Dolby Digital, you'll get better sound by using optical out of the DVR.

If your stereo receiver has HDMI, you can run the cable straight there, but 5.1 Dolby Digital is the best you're going to do for sound out of your DVR at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)