Should I go through WB or Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
This coming thursday I will be calling Dish to see about getting WB through them. I'm assuming that I can get the monthly charge added to my Dish bill every month. The main thing I want to know is - Is the deal of $199 lease fee pretty good? I like the idea of paying the $199 and the equipment becomes Dish's property and they are rewsponsible for any necessary upgrades or repairs. Can some of you guys give me your thoughts about the pros and cons of going this route rather than contacting WB directly or an installer?

I suggest you call a local retailer. In my opinion they will be more attentive to your needs. I know in our area, many people call complaining of being rescheduled or no call no show by DNS.

I suggest you call a local retailer. In my opinion they will be more attentive to your needs. I know in our area, many people call complaining of being rescheduled or no call no show by DNS.

yeah you are right, DNS does not have alot of techs trained yet. when wild blue first came out they only had few senior tech trained. now they are doing catch up.

Go through a local installer. I got nothing but the run around with Dish for over a month and a half. They canceled once "the equipment was back ordered" and did not show or call on the re scheduled day. The same day I called a local installer and I was up and running in five days. It was $50 more but worth it.

I had WB installed By Dish on June 1.
So far, no problems and the guy did an excellent job on
the install. Also the Dish customer service people have been
very helpful and courteous.

L.L.

I'm a Dish Network Installer,

I also install the WildBlue, and working for a local retailer we get all of our work passed down from Dish Network. Anytime a job is set up it goes directly to the RSP (regional service provider) which is the local retailer who handles the job from that point on. So really the whole time you were probally dealing with a retailer.. and for a few weeks all of them were backed up on equipment because of the new launch wildblue1, they were not expecting such demand for the WB installs; and they did not produce near enough equipment and my office was shut down from installing for almost a month. But now back up full blast. Hopefully whoever you had contacted in the end was a good contractor/retailer and did a good job for you, and I hope they have a good service reputaion. Sometimes they're quick to jump on installing, but not so quick to take care of any problems from that point on. How do you like your Wild Blue so far? Are the upload and download speeds sufficient enough? Silver, Gold, Platinum.. three diffrent packs. I love that these sys also uploads as well as the download, and you don't have to use a cheap dial up for the upload as some of the previous SAT nets.

If you have ever had to call Dish Network CSR's with a problem then you already have the answer as to why you should buy from Wildblue Directly and not Dish. If you buy from Dish you have to call Dish.. You can't really deal with WB directly. Dish has a better sounding deal. But once you look at the deal it kinda starts to fall apart. Dish $199.. WB $249.. Dish leased equipment. WB you own it and can resell and get money back if you cut off.. Dish 18 month contract. WB 12 month contract. I have dealt with Dish CSR's and WB tech support. The people at WB just know more about it.. Gee I wonder why.. It's there stuff.. Dish people are just not knowledgeable yet about it. I get customers calling me about the problems they are having dealing with Dish.. I try to help everybody. But sometimes I just can't help but laugh at the frustrations that Dish causes. I can sell through Dish.. Or I can sell through WB.. I have never sold a WB through Dish once all the options are explained to the Customer..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts