should i have gotten a 625 instead of a 522?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dkh7m

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
called dish a couple of weeks ago to get a DVR installed. when i talked to the CSR, i asked several times if i'd be getting a 625 and was told "yes". after the install, i tried doing the update to get the extra 50 hours to no avail. then i looked more closely at the box and saw the 522 on the front. should i call and complain and try to get a 625, or will i just be spinning my wheels?

Dish considers the 522 and 625 equals in terms of leases or upgrades. If you don't *buy* it, you get what they have available.

Dish considers the 522 and 625 equals in terms of leases or upgrades. If you don't *buy* it, you get what they have available.

what do you mean by "buy" it? i paid $100 for the one i got.

That was just and upgrade fee you are only leasing the box from DISH. DISH owns the box and is renting it to you each month. You should have signed an 18 Mo. lease agreement. You can call andcomplain but it won't do any good you have a dual tuner DVR as contracted.

A 625 costs $339 to buy outright from Dishstore.net. I'm guessing a 522 would be a bit cheaper, but NOT $100. Maybe $259-299.

When the rep told you you'd get a 625, he/she presumed you would given that's the current SD-DVR. What the warehouse or installer supplied was beyond their control.

A 625 costs $339 to buy outright from Dishstore.net. I'm guessing a 522 would be a bit cheaper, but NOT $100. Maybe $259-299.

When the rep told you you'd get a 625, he/she presumed you would given that's the current SD-DVR. What the warehouse or installer supplied was beyond their control.

makes sense. if i were to buy a 625 on ebay, could i have it switched over in place of the 522? and could i return the 522 and get all or part of that $100 back? i doubt i'll go that route, but if i decide down the road to upgrade to an HD DVR, that info may come in handy.

boba...i opted against the 18 mo. agreement simply because i don't agree with them and avoid them whenever possible. i'd rather pay $50 to not have one (which is what i did with dish) than have to pay $300 to break a contract if the service i'm getting wanes, or if a better deal comes along.

No, the $100 you paid is gone... It's no different than if you were to sign a contract, complete the time frame req'd, then return it. They won't give you that $100 back. It's NOT a "deposit".

Geez, remember how expensive these receivers used to be? $339 for a 625?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)