Should I pay for Pole mount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
regulation is 150lbs of concrete, i never use that much, but my hsp says its 'required' and yea, 400$ is not a bad price for the work he quoted you, and his day off, yea... its gonna be a long install, thats reasonable too, most of us work 6day work weeks, so to make that a 7, i think i would want 400$ too lol.

I agree, with what you say..I've gotten away with 2 bags or 100lbs. (quickcrete red bags)

you can get a pole from a muffler shop they will have 2" OD. they can even cut it too. 36" deep and flatten or put some bolts through it to keep it from spinning. try not to buger up the top of the pole or the dish will not sit right. 150 to 200 pounds of crete will do . and make sure it is plum and level to get best possible signal.

you can get a pole from a muffler shop they will have 2" OD. they can even cut it too. 36" deep and flatten or put some bolts through it to keep it from spinning. try not to buger up the top of the pole or the dish will not sit right. 150 to 200 pounds of crete will do . and make sure it is plum and level to get best possible signal.

200 pounds???!

this is the easiest way

dig your hole, then take a spade and dig down 16", then take an ice cream bucket, and cut the bottom out off it, now fill the hole to where you dug, and take a level and make the pole level, then stomp the dirt, untill the pole wont budge, making sure its level. then put your ice cream bucket down the hole, and fill with cement. now you have about a 4" gap, fill that with dirt.

Long story short, you will have a solid pole in the ground, you will have dirt on top to plant grass, and its a lot cheaper

i did this with a pole i had a primestar dish on, the pole will not budge.

I have been out of the net for a while and just got back to check the forum. Thanks a lot for all your advise. I have been looking around at other dishes in the neighborhood and i have decided to go ahead and pay the $400 for the install. I am pretty busy with work so to tell the truth the money will be worth it I think. I just don't have the time to do it myself and the wife and kids are bugging me about getting the Satellite hooked up. Thanks again for the advice folks.

200 pounds???!

this is the easiest way

dig your hole, then take a spade and dig down 16", then take an ice cream bucket, and cut the bottom out off it, now fill the hole to where you dug, and take a level and make the pole level, then stomp the dirt, untill the pole wont budge, making sure its level. then put your ice cream bucket down the hole, and fill with cement. now you have about a 4" gap, fill that with dirt.

Long story short, you will have a solid pole in the ground, you will have dirt on top to plant grass, and its a lot cheaper

i did this with a pole i had a primestar dish on, the pole will not budge.

And how do you keep the pole from rotating?

Then there is the cable (s)....as many as four.

Consider conduit. Do not run the cable through the concrete. After the grass grows keep the weed eaters away from the cable.

The pole should be dented or have a clamp or other irregularity to keep it from spinning. Customers that insist on pole locations near new back fill are invited to pay again. Beach installations should consider just burying a non pen mount.....no (practical) amount of concrete will work.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CMT Music Awards

issue with some channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts