Should I upgrade now or feb 1st?

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I currently have an 811 625 and 311. The old hdtv package. I now have 2hd tv and 3 regular tvs. So I would like to have 5 tuners since one of the tvs upstairs is in a room i'm renting and would like that person to have the 625 so they can watch tv and record another show. So that leaves me two hd tv and one sd tv. If i upgrade now I can get only two vip 622 boxes. Which kind of leaves the upstairs out. Could I buy a 625? Will they let me do that? Plus what would be the cost? If I wait until Feb 1st I'm hoping to move the 625 upstairs and put a new vip 612 on each of the hdtvs. You think they will replace the 311 with a vip 612? But that would leave my bedroom tv with nothing. So I guess does anyone else have 5 tuners and how do you have it hooked up? Kevin

I currently have an 811 625 and 311. The old hdtv package. I now have 2hd tv and 3 regular tvs. So I would like to have 5 tuners since one of the tvs upstairs is in a room i'm renting and would like that person to have the 625 so they can watch tv and record another show. So that leaves me two hd tv and one sd tv. If i upgrade now I can get only two vip 622 boxes. Which kind of leaves the upstairs out. Could I buy a 625? Will they let me do that? Plus what would be the cost? If I wait until Feb 1st I'm hoping to move the 625 upstairs and put a new vip 612 on each of the hdtvs. You think they will replace the 311 with a vip 612? But that would leave my bedroom tv with nothing. So I guess does anyone else have 5 tuners and how do you have it hooked up? Kevin

Not to persuade you one way or another.. but as an HD customer you should at least check out what D* has to offer before comitting more to Dish.

Not to persuade you one way or another.. but as an HD customer you should at least check out what D* has to offer before comitting more to Dish.

It'll be back and forth; Dish will have more HD than dish this year, then it'll change the next. Bottom line: Go with the best deal for your needs.

You should be able to upgrade the 311 and 811 and keep the 625, but I don't really have a solid grasp on that; I don't do retail work.

Well right now they got an good offer, 100 dllrs off instant on the diu receivers..

now .. a bit of inside info... on feb 1st they will modify the diu prices, they will have end the rebates and just do the credit straight out.. so i guess the same offer is there.. as long as you pay bills on time, you will qualify. They got new hd opackages too, the ultimate hd pack and essensials, essensials is 10 dllrs, ultimate is 20 dllrs.

you can ugrade the 811 to a 211/411 or the single tunner hd reciver which has 200 hrs recording but like 30 hd. They got alot of itneresting new promotions coming !

Looked into direct

Yeah I looked into direct they have the same issues two with the four tuner things. I'm leaning towards Feb 1 since there will be no rebates to mail in (big plus) and the $10 hd package is all I really want (is what i'm paying now). The $20 package with most of the voom channels don't really do it for me. Any word on the 612 boxes? Would I be able to run a cable from the back of a 612 to the SD tv in the bedroom? Do you think that both outputs will work at the same time, the hdmi and the coxail? I know it won't have picture and picture like I would with the vip 622 but other then that they look the same to me.

Yeah I looked into direct they have the same issues two with the four tuner things. I'm leaning towards Feb 1 since there will be no rebates to mail in (big plus) and the $10 hd package is all I really want (is what i'm paying now). The $20 package with most of the voom channels don't really do it for me. Any word on the 612 boxes? Would I be able to run a cable from the back of a 612 to the SD tv in the bedroom? Do you think that both outputs will work at the same time, the hdmi and the coxail? I know it won't have picture and picture like I would with the vip 622 but other then that they look the same to me.

The 612 will be a twin tuner but ONE TV DVR unit. No modulated coax output for tv2. and only one remote.

go for the 722 !!!!

fred

LOL sorry , ill try LOL

I meant the 100 instant rebate offer is expiring in jan 31st, however...

The new promotions wont have a rebate because its already included in the price. No more annoying forms to mess with.

612 receiver is a single tunner hd receiver with 200 hrs recording for sdtv and like 30 for hdtv. Not for 2 tvs. Get the 722/622

Im sure tho it will be compatible with external hard drives tho.

Not the receiver to choose if you need 2 tvs.

OK due that this is all I do is upgrade people for HD I can ready help you out here, I only need a one things to know, Are any of those recevers owned by you. If so I can really tell you want you need how to get it and for what price. but I need to know before the 29th

Hey help me too! Have have never leased any Dish receivers and currently have a 322 with a Dish 500 I bought and installed myself. I have done my own installation with my own dishes since 1997.

They are leased

They are currently leased. I had dish since like 96 when the first came out. I owned everything then but cable gave me a two year deal I couldn't pass up. When i tried to go back to dish they wouldn't let me get all the new stuff. GO FIGURE so it's actually my roomie account. Anyway they are all leased and I'm leaning towards feb 1st so I don't have to mess with rebates. However I really would like a dual tuner hd. I have an 811, 625 and 311

Reallyniceguy flat out: Knowing what you know, is it better to jump in on the Dish HD package 6 months free and current rebates prior to February 1 or wait until after February 1 for the instant rebate deals? Which is the better plan for a guy planning to upgrade to the HD package for the first time and owns all his own equipment? I want a VIP722 going from a 322.

DirecTv just sent me an offer in the mail that is very tempting. I have been with Dish since 1997.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)