Should I upgrade or wait?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shadowfrom88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Sunny Hills, FL
I currently have a Hopper......Im thinking about upgrading to a Hopper with sling. Should I pull the trigger or wait to see if a Hopper 2 is in the works? Anyone know anything about what may be coming next? Ive been burned so many times by the "latest and greatest" coming out a month after I buy something.

Yep. Faster. Sling. More memory, more future proof.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Might as well upgrade. There shouldn't be anything new in the works this year. If Dish happens to come out with a new one you can allows upgrade to that one as well.

Thanks for the input.....it was recently dropped from $200 to $50 for the upgrade for me so I think I will do it.
That drop happened about a year ago...when I upgraded. Perhaps you had not gone past a year since the first upgrade.

You may want to negotiate a bit more. I don't remember paying a dime for either of my HWS. I know everyone is different, but it never hurts to ask. Maybe try DIRT.

Thanks everyone.....i upgraded to HWS......paid $50. Both DIRT and Dish CSRs told me $200 to upgrade until May 1st and then my price dropped to $50. I was one of the first 5000 customers to own a Directv satellite. Back then I paid $700 for a Sony receiver and received service through USSB and (cant remember) installed it myself. Since then, Directv gave me free upgrades every time a new receiver came out.....all the up to the Genie. Over the years I had received some pretty spotty service and many defective receivers. My Genie had TONS of issues and Directv gave me no help whatsoever. Last year, I moved to my new house and called Directv to get the movers deal and they told me it would be $250 to move my service!!! UH WHAT??? So i made the switch to DISH and the Hopper and have never looked back. Im guessing satellite services determine prices by your credit rating........ive had a costly divorce and subsequent bankruptcy and since then, Ive paid top dollar for every upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts