Should I use DISH to move? (a real move)

JavaJohnson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2004
So, I am moving from the Johnstown/Altoona DMA (110/119/129) to the Philly market (?/?/?). Should I have Dish move me, or simply move my dishes myself?

I currently have 2 dishes, one for 110/119, and one for 129. The buyers of my house want me to take down the dishes, so I have to move them anyway... I have no problem installing them myself, but my question is whether I should just let Dish do it, and what do I commit myself to? I only have one 622 receiver now, but i may be up to adding another, should I do it at the same time?

Right now I have the free HD for life promo... I think i've been on it 6 months or so, so i'd have a $120 fee to cancel.

Thanks!

Let your wife sign up for dish at new house(assuming you have dish under ur name now), let them do all the installs and get the new 722 receivers for free (2 year contract required i think) and then sell your old 622 and dishes on craiglist and make some money or pay it towards the cancelation fee.
I do believe if you use their dish mover service you still have to sign up for 2 year contract, I could be wrong.

Well dish can do it and also it's free to move no charge and no commitment also I believe that philadelphia is eastern arc also they would give you a new dish that can handle all 3 orbital locations and also if you want to you could do a dish'n it up where you could get up to three free hd dvrs and also if you do it with the movers program you won't have to pay for the tech fee and with the DIU it will be a 24 month commitment

Sounds like it doesn't make much difference if I use the movers program and the dish it up promo vs a new customer promo.

What are the eastern arc sats so I can use dishpointer to see if anything is in my way.... there are quite a few trees around.

Sounds like it doesn't make much difference if I use the movers program and the dish it up promo vs a new customer promo.

What are the eastern arc sats so I can use dishpointer to see if anything is in my way.... there are quite a few trees around.

Setup of the 1000.4 isn't for the novice. That is the EA dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)